JRot

Headlight alignment / beam pattern

Hi all, just a quick one my car failed its mot a few days ago so I'm kinda rapidly trying to resolve this, but my aftermarket crystaleye JDM headlights are causing an issue,  the lateral alignment is pointing outwards as opposed to Inwards. So I need something to compare against while i try and adjust these lights. 

Has anyone got any photos taken from inside the car showing the oem dipped beam Pattern against a wall from a few ft/metres away? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

JRot

I do but they are in storage presently, if I can fix these aftermarket ones to be correct I'd prefer that else I have to swap them out put the stock ones in then mot it then after swap these back on again, if you've ever taken the front bumper off you know that'll be an absolute bastard to do repeatedly. 

So a photo of the stock beam pattern against a wall is all I'm asking for. 

13 hours ago, JRot said:

I do but they are in storage presently, if I can fix these aftermarket ones to be correct I'd prefer that else I have to swap them out put the stock ones in then mot it then after swap these back on again, if you've ever taken the front bumper off you know that'll be an absolute bastard to do repeatedly. 

So a photo of the stock beam pattern against a wall is all I'm asking for. 

I'd be able to get you one later but I've lowered my car, the beam on mine is lower than stock but I'd like to think the actual beam pattern would still be correct

Hi all, I got some info from. The other forum, as I'm still friendly with some of the admins. I just had it tested at an mot station in Brackley and they said theyre absolutely fine, nothing they would fail it on, so going to pay the extra £30 and get them to mot it this afternoon. They asked me who at Toyota mot'd my car  and recognised the name, and went in to saying he's rubbish xD 

Changing headlights: 

involves removing the front bumper ~ about 1 to 2 hours as half the clips are shit and just snap, and the side indicators suck. 

Then unwiring everything, removing the headlight support brackets, disconnecting the washer jets, 

Swapping out the hid ballast and bulb into the new headlight.... Took around 40mins per light,... Then aligning it all... 

Then getting snowed on hailed on and rained on, reassure all the above... It took around 6 to 7 hours the first time I did this, yesterday it took an hour to remove the bumper and headlights then 4 hours adjusting them. 

Not a simple easy task. 

But I should be OK for photos now, though thanks for the offers. 

27 minutes ago, JRot said:

Hi all, I got some info from. The other forum, as I'm still friendly with some of the admins. I just had it tested at an mot station in Brackley and they said theyre absolutely fine, nothing they would fail it on, so going to pay the extra £30 and get them to mot it this afternoon. They asked me who at Toyota mot'd my car  and recognised the name, and went in to saying he's rubbish xD 

Changing headlights: 

involves removing the front bumper ~ about 1 to 2 hours as half the clips are shit and just snap, and the side indicators suck. 

Then unwiring everything, removing the headlight support brackets, disconnecting the washer jets, 

Swapping out the hid ballast and bulb into the new headlight.... Took around 40mins per light,... Then aligning it all... 

Then getting snowed on hailed on and rained on, reassure all the above... It took around 6 to 7 hours the first time I did this, yesterday it took an hour to remove the bumper and headlights then 4 hours adjusting them. 

Not a simple easy task. 

But I should be OK for photos now, though thanks for the offers. 

Didn't know you took it to a Toyota dealer a lot of them will be jobsworths I found that when they wouldn't test my car as my exhaust was too loud

3 hours ago, JRot said:

They are usually okay with me but i wouldve thought advisory maybe not flat out FAIL... 

Well I hope you get a pass without any major changes I did get mine through by putting stock exhaust back on but took great pleasure in declining the dealerships offer to MOT it the year after I just took it to my mates with my too loud exhaust on😂

Yeah under recommendation I used the one local garage, they said they're fine and motd it and it all passed, plus I fixed the bumper gap so that's all good. 

7 hours ago, JRot said:

Yeah under recommendation I used the one local garage, they said they're fine and motd it and it all passed, plus I fixed the bumper gap so that's all good. 

I have always found if you can it's good to get to know a decent MOT garage I always give a small gratuity to the tester all the MOTs I have had problems with have been main dealers but once the warranty runs out bye bye in Toyotas case I didn't even wait for that