Stutopia

Washers For Fluids Change

The BRZ’s due new fluids, I’ve sourced them but need a few of the crush washers. Foolishly, as I drove past Toyota today I thought I’d nip in and get them sorted. Obviously this was an error by me. Why would Toyota have in any stock? Why would I be expecting to pay anything less than £22 for 5 washers? Anyway, after my laughter subsided I decided to do some googling. I mean I don't mid a little bit of stearlership mark-up but that takes the ****. According to the internet I need: 

Toyota Part Numbers

1x Diff fill plug gasket: SU00300122 - 24mm OD x 18mm ID x 2mm Crush (£1.32 ea)

1x Diff drain plug gasket: 1215710010 - 24mm OD x 18mm ID x 2mm Crush (£1.44 ea)

2x Gearbox fill/drain plug gasket: SU00303626 - 24mm OD x 18mm ID x 2mm Flat (£9.12 ea)

1x Engine sump plug gasket: SU00302159

Subaru Part Numbers

1x Diff Fill Gasket: 11126JB000 - 1x Diff Drain Gasket: 1215710010 - 2x Gearbox Gaskets: 17008AA050 - 1x Oil Drain Gasket: 803916010

Has anyone changed the fluids, are these "gaskets" made of something exotic and sourceable only from the moon or can I just use regular copper crush washers of the same size? Also anyone know the size of the one on the sump plug? I'm guessing its a 22mm OD x 16mm ID x 2mm due to the Mishi magnetic sump plug being M16.

Thanks for your help.

The BRZ’s due new fluids, I’ve sourced them but need a few of the crush washers. Foolishly, as I drove past Toyota today I thought I’d nip in and get them sorted. Obviously this was an error by me. Why would Toyota have in any stock? Why would I be expecting to pay anything less than £22 for 5 washers? Anyway, after my laughter subsided I decided to do some googling. I mean I don't mid a little bit of stearlership mark-up but that takes the ****. According to the internet I need: 

Toyota Part Numbers
1x Diff fill plug gasket: SU00300122 - 24mm OD x 18mm ID x 2mm Crush (£1.32 ea)
1x Diff drain plug gasket: 1215710010 - 24mm OD x 18mm ID x 2mm Crush (£1.44 ea)
2x Gearbox fill/drain plug gasket: SU00303626 - 24mm OD x 18mm ID x 2mm Flat (£9.12 ea)
1x Engine sump plug gasket: SU00302159

Subaru Part Numbers
1x Diff Fill Gasket: 11126JB000 - 1x Diff Drain Gasket: 1215710010 - 2x Gearbox Gaskets: 17008AA050 - 1x Oil Drain Gasket: 803916010

Has anyone changed the fluids, are these "gaskets" made of something exotic and sourceable only from the moon or can I just use regular copper crush washers of the same size? Also anyone know the size of the one on the sump plug? I'm guessing its a 22mm OD x 16mm ID x 2mm due to the Mishi magnetic sump plug being M16.
Thanks for your help.
I've got some sump plug washers in my drawer at work, will check the size when I'm back in on Thursday and let you know.

Sump drain is indeed M16. I just use copper crush washers bought for a few quid on ebay. 22mm OD works fine. Im sure a standard M16 flat washer would seal but copper crush washers are cheap enough.

The diff and gearbox used the same flat washers on mine. I reused them but will replace next time I change the diff and gearbox fluid. 

36 minutes ago, Ade said:

Sump drain is indeed M16. I just use copper crush washers bought for a few quid on ebay. 22mm OD works fine. Im sure a standard M16 flat washer would seal but copper crush washers are cheap enough.

The diff and gearbox used the same flat washers on mine. I reused them but will replace next time I change the diff and gearbox fluid. 

Superb, thanks! I've ordered a variety of copper crush washers from eBay, so that's good. I think I've got a lifetime's supply for a touch less than £22 asking price of the Unobtanium Toyota ones. :lol:

Superb, thanks! I've ordered a variety of copper crush washers from eBay, so that's good. I think I've got a lifetime's supply for a touch less than £22 asking price of the Unobtanium Toyota ones. 
Standard sump plug gasket is 16x21x2.3.

Using copper washers on a steel sump pan will be fine, but be careful using them to seal aluminium, the copper is normally harder than the aluminium so sometimes won't seal properly.

I'd normally use an aluminium crush washer in that case, but you can anneal the copper washer with a blow torch as a work around as well.

Al/Cu mix is not ideal from a galvanic corrosion point of view either. Probably OK for a sump washer as the oil should reduce corrosion potential, but an Al washer would be better.

9 minutes ago, Rich said:

Al/Cu mix is not ideal from a galvanic corrosion point of view either. Probably OK for a sump washer as the oil should reduce corrosion potential, but an Al washer would be better.

Sump is steel! Copper washer is fine for that. 

7 hours ago, DanJ said:

Using copper washers on a steel sump pan will be fine, but be careful using them to seal aluminium, the copper is normally harder than the aluminium so sometimes won't seal properly.

Good point, I've got some aluminium crush washers but are they required? As I say mine were just flat washers and when I did Tashans diff is am 90% sure it was also a flat washer.