thetyrant

SOLD - Ohlins MP20 coilover

SOLD :D

Ok as im returning my car more to standard spec ive removed the amazing Ohlins MP20 coilover kit and they are now for sale, i bought these in July this year after a lot of research to try and find the ultimate coilovers for my usage, which is mostly road with the odd trackday/sprint etc so needed plenty of compliance/ good road manners yet enough body control for fast road and odd trackday.

Most coilover kits on the market are too firm for the bumpy roads we have around here in the Lake district and after a good chat with Ohlins and a test drive/chat with another owner running this kit on his turbo GT86 i made the purchase, i was initally slightly concerned with the softer springs on this kit possibly being a bit too soft and spoke to Ohlins about capability of dampers to cope with firmer springs if i did feel need to upgrade, they confirmed that as these dampers have same valving as earlier MI20 kit which ran a much firmer spring there is no problem just changing springs if requiring a firmer more track suitable setup, however after 3 months and just under 4k miles ive not felt the need to change them!  as well doing mostly road use ive done a trackday and 2 sprints and they have performed perfectly, doing exactly what Ohlins said they would :)

This kit uses the stock top mounts to stop increased NVH/Harshness you get with solid adjustable top mounts, i will leave the stock top mounts fitted so they are ready to bolt striaght onto your car, unless someone wants them removed then i can take off its not a problem

SOLD  - Price wise im thinking around £1450 +delivery (if required and collection no problem) is a fair price, brand new this kit is just under £2000 +cost of top mounts (~£200) if you didnt have or want to swap your stock ones, so with such low mileage and amazing condition (as you can see in pictures below taken after just a quick wipe down last night)  i think this is a good price for what is probably the ultimate road setup for the GT86, or if you wanted to make more track spec a quick spring change is all that is needed.

Located in Cumbria just off J41 of M6 if you wanted to inspect/collect

Will include all original boxes, instructions and c-spanners etc.

Pics below, get in touch if your interested :)

Cheers

Ian

ohlins3.jpg

ohlins1.jpg

ohlins2.jpg

Best upgrade ive made on mine. Better than the cossy SC, better than the AP racing brakes. They are literally gold. 

To anyone interested these have a huge adjustment range of damping. Roughly 300% on the low/medium speed damping. What this means is at -20clicks full soft they are not over damped on those soft spring rates, but crank them to -5clicks and they are about 50% of critical damping on 8kg springs.

So you have the option of fitting 8-9kg springs with some solid topmounts like raceeng and this would be a proper trackday setup suited to a good semi slick like the Dunlop DZ03s. 

45 minutes ago, Minion said:

@SimonB95 Upgrade time?.....again

12 minutes ago, thetyrant said:

Thanks guys :)

Provisonally sold pending payment  :D

Ian

Looks like I've missed out :( Although i am very happy with the BC ERs!

I want one.

Putting budget for next 12 mth.

Not much left after track days, insurance and training allocation though

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Seems pretty reasonable. Second hand parts pricing is a lottery, price too high and you end up with a whole room full of enough parts to build a 2nd car. Price too low and you immediately regret not asking for more. If there's money in your pocket then feel good. :D