Lucas

Cosworth Superchargers 20% OFF

2 hours ago, Ade said:

The tvr engine is a modified ford v8 used in the mustang.

Its still in development. They have to devise a pulley system.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I'm more interested in the cosworth engine internals personally, but I guess that waits on the full system.

Even I am kinda tempted now......but won't I need a beefier clutch?

I suppose I could buy the kit and just leave it in the corner until I sort out clutch and brakes and zorst as well....hmmm costs are mounting...and then there's the increased insurance premium....hmmm - a few days left to decide....

My car has run the stock clutch on the Cosworth supercharger setup ive just removed to sell for around 10k miles without issue for reference :)

Torque isnt huge on these kits so as long as your not launching it every 5 minutes the stock clutch is upto the job if in good order now.

Ian

5 minutes ago, Twigman said:

Even I am kinda tempted now......but won't I need a beefier clutch?

I suppose I could buy the kit and just leave it in the corner until I sort out clutch and brakes and zorst as well....hmmm costs are mounting...and then there's the increased insurance premium....hmmm - a few days left to decide....

Nope you just fit and enjoy.

I'm on stock clutch and ive done 7k road and something like 7 or 8 trackdays with this kit 

Stock brakes are fine of the road and depending on how hard you are a set of performance pads will be okay on track just wear faster. 

Works fine with stock exhaust as well you'll just be a bit down on power. Graph below is stock exhaust vs full nameless/Cosworth exhaust

s1jc4lrnbsp3rxdzopbr

I'll check with my insurance Co what the damage might be to the old premium first.....

I'm with Sky Insurance - anyone know how they view this kit?

15 minutes ago, Twigman said:

I'll check with my insurance Co what the damage might be to the old premium first.....

I'm with Sky Insurance - anyone know how they view this kit?

No joke my insurance dropped with Adrian Flux when I phoned up to add the SC. The lady on the phone even double checked with her manager.