Sign in to follow this  
Lowe

Door buttons switches - how to remove?

Hi all, I've got a serious resonance/rattle which is coming from the area where the drivers door bottle holder is. Anything that has the slightest bit of bass and it's rattling away in time with the music which is driving me up the wall. It's not even slight or subtle, it's a full on music ruining thing. I've noticed that if I put a bit of pressure on the part where the switches and buttons are, the resonance stops. I'm thinking that if I can get some felt or similar in there I might be able to stop it, and save myself some sanity. I've had a quick look but can't see an obvious way to get at it. Anyone got any advice?

Cheers! :)

Funny you should mention this. I did mine last weekend it was awful!!

Use this thread to get the door card off:

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12520

The look at this picture and remove these screws:

2012-07-23_19-36-50_34.jpg

The you can have the whole switch unit out. You will notice the switches are a loose rattly fit. I removed mine using small blade screw drivers from the housing. Built up some layers or insulation tape to make them a tight fit!

Arse, was hoping not to have to take the door card off - worried I'll end up scratching or breaking something - I'm not the most handy bloke haha!

Thanks for the links/video - I'm pretty sure it's not so much the switches that are rattling, but the panel itself. I'll have to have a look and take my chances. Cheers peeps :)

It's really not a big deal, just take your time and don't panic when you need to use a bit of force to pull the door panel off of the poppers. there's a little lip you can get your fingers under at the bottom of the panel on the hinge end which is a good place to start.