Clarkey2110

New owner in Norfolk

Hi guys, first post! Picked up my new to me Gt86 in pearl white last Friday, have to say I'm loving it! Hadn't driven a standard one, just an aero, but was put off the aero by the, in my opinion chavvy spoiler. My car turned a year old on Friday, collection day so that's a strange coincidence! Have attached some pictures, main problem is the dashboard panel that's carbon wrapped has rub marks over it, and the brakes squeak under soft braking, looking at getting both the dash panels wrapped, presumably best to take the old wrap off first? Best way to do this? And tempted to take wheels off and clean out the calipers as they may have a build up? Other than those couple of issues I'm loving it, got it booked in for rear 3 window tint next week and got an oem spoiler on its way for it! Are they much hassle to fit? 

Cheers!!

IMG_0016.JPG

IMG_0018.JPG

IMG_0002.JPG

IMG_0004.JPG

IMG_0005.JPG

I'm in Norwich bro, about your age by the looks of it. PM if you want to do any meets. Also welcome and enjoy the car!

I've had mine a couple years now. Turbo goes on in a few weeks.

p.s - get rid of those OEM wheels asap :P

Welcome. Squeaky brakes everyone suffers from; as you said I think give them a clean should solve it. I think the mechanic at Fensport told me to do this or something similar, I can't remember; my memory is like a goldfish. 

Please don't fit the OEM spoiler to a fresh boot lid with no holes in. I exspect there would be a que of people who would swap boot lids with you (who already have OEM spoiler fitted). My car is black but would love to get rid of spoiler and not have holes to weld up and paint. 

Welcome aboard. You can get new dash panels easy enough if your's are damaged, I don't think that is a wrap so it may not come off. There's really nothing you can do about the squealing apart from fitting aftermarket pads which is what most do. Or just live with it, it's not that bad. 

So the squeaking is still the same, dealer suggested getting the pads cleaned but not sure why I should be footing the bill for that, I have however wrapped the dashboard and stereo surround and also had the back 3 windows tinted today! Looks good imo :) 

IMG_0030.JPG

IMG_0045.JPG

You say it's a year old, was this a used vehicle or new? 

I have stop tech pads on my oem disks and they make the same noise, on the stock pads they were fine. Something similar could have been done to yours mate. 

I'm going to put the stoptech disks on with a new set of matched pads next, as this will eliminate noise as confirmed by many. 

I'd imagine if you only just picked the car up then it's less likely , but worn discs and pads is a common culprit of those noises. 

It was technically used, ex demo so only ever owned by the dealership, would like to think if the pads have been changed they'd have used oem stuff! I've emailed them asking who I'll be sending the bill to regarding the squeeking brakes, will see what is said! Added a little sticker to my dash today, finishes it off nicely I think! 

IMG_0050.JPG

Went off for a little photoshoot with my mate yesterday, can't see them on the pictures but the calipers are red now, and the spoiler is on :) No further plans to be honest apart from potentially carbon wrapping the wing mirror covers and the part with the gt86 badge on, if I can work out how to get them off! 

image1.JPG

image2.JPG

image3.JPG