Moro

Rays Volk CE28N lightweight (6.2 kg) 17" wheels

I've imported these for my 86 but now the turn of events means I'm selling up and the wheels are for sale too. They are Rays Volk CE28N 17", 7.5" wide and with +50 offset. Being proper forged Volks they're incredibly light at only 6.2 kg a piece! All are straight and true, haven't been welded/repaired or bear any other defects apart from quite noticeable kerbing. Still in original Volk factory finish - matte anodised spokes and polished anodised lips. 

If you click on a picture you'll be redirected to Flickr where you could zoom in and see their condition in detail. They're not show wheels but you'll struggle to find anything stronger or lighter.

33629226800_11ee623771_z.jpg

33171385854_8daf8bfe15_z.jpg

33629224930_98df2f6353_z.jpg

33171382674_851b054289_z.jpg

33202039403_f5e7759bae_z.jpg

I'm after £900 ONO. Tracked delivery with DPD from Riga to mainland UK would be £50 and take 5 work days. 

Thanks for looking!

12 minutes ago, Mike said:

Kerbing, distance of seller and offset :P

11 minutes ago, rob275 said:

Because they are a pretty shit offset lets be fair.

Fine I'll give you the offset argument :P

If you want them flush you could use a 25-30mm spacer and these wheels have a flat back so you need a 25mm plus bolt on spacer to clear the studs. If these were a 40-44mm offset you'd want to use 15-20mm spacers if you're bothered about how flush they sit with the fenders which would mean changing the studs or shaving down the current studs which would mean using the spacers indefinitely and would require changing the studs if you change your mind, so with that said it's quite attractive I have these same wheels but mine are 44 offset

9 minutes ago, Stutopia said:

Go for lightweight wheels, but, then add unsprung mass with spacers 🤷🏼‍♂️

Well the mass is about as central as it possible could be around the hub so it shouldn't matter and it probably adds similar weight to the offset increase on a different set so these wheels so spacers don't really matter if you get the right offset or if you use spacers the spacer isn't going to weigh much more than if the back of the hub was just more elongated to give the desired offset. So what you're saying is these wheels are as light as possible! 

You might of course say I'm biased being a seller :) but  Jevvy makes a good point. For what it's worth my Eibach 20 mm spacers weighted less than 500 grams all in with studs and nuts (and they made up a big part of spacer's mass being steel). Purely speculating a 25 mm spacer would be no more than 600 grams which would make a 6.8 kg wheel all in, still much lighter than most wheels out there.