Willtl

General wheels question

Stock is x7, not x7.5.

Enkei   17"x7   J 5x100 ET48mm 20.1lbs / 9.1kg

Good forged 17" wheels will be ~ 5.8-6.5kg .. good cast light wheels will be ~ 6.5-9kg (depending on if lightness or rigidity/strength is main focus)

2 minutes ago, Church said:

Stock is x7, not x7.5.

My stock is oz racing, aero ftwwwwww

Well, there is also lower trim (at JDM/ADM) stock 16" (IIRC also by Enkei) 16"x6.5 J 5x100 ET48mm 15.89lbs / 7.21kg.

As slightly narrower, but same offset, should be even more tucked in.

6 hours ago, Church said:

Stock is x7, not x7.5.

Good forged 17" wheels will be ~ 5.8-6.5kg .. good cast light wheels will be ~ 6.5-9kg (depending on if lightness or rigidity/strength is main focus)

What enkei wheels are you quoting there? That 17x7 you mentioned is quite heavier than my 18x8 (racing line). You have to remember enkei have several different categories. They are as follows lightest top and they get heavier accordingly. So the weight or wheel you specified is a bit to general. You should annotate the model also.

1. Racing Revolution (light/higher end construction)

2. Racing line (light/lightest)

3. Tuning

4. Performance 

5. Classic

6. Suv/truck (heaviest)

23 hours ago, jevvy said:

Stock is 7.5j 48 offset if I'm I correct, my ce28s are 8j 44 offset so will probably be 10mm out, im tempted to get 10mm spacers just to give the car better looks and have them flush but I suppose I'll have to put them on and measure to double check how much space there is as I'm not sure how close it will be. Also my second hand set of rays with full new tyres was 1050 which is about the same as a jr set when accounting for rubber. but then if you bought second hand cast wheels they would probably be a lot cheaper as well. I think I'd only buy second hand either way but I'm far too thrifty. 

I'm on 17x8J 44 offset CE28. I am lowered, not sure by how much, never measured.

Will need spacers if you want them flush. Probably more than 10mm on the rear. I have considered getting some, but feel adding all that unsprung weight defeats the point in going for lighter wheels. I'm also not certain anyone does proper bolt on hubcentric ones thin enough to not need loads of camber to tuck them back under.

unnamed.jpg

42 minutes ago, Lauren said:

CE28's. Good choice! Now those are nice and crazily light wheels. I'm guessing about 6.5kg per wheel or so? 

I'm not sure I bought them second hand with rubber. They are bloody light tho.

Been wearing out the budget rubber that came on them over winter, going to take them off this week, as I got them pretty cheap as they all need a refurb (previous owner clearly couldn't park) so shall weigh them at the weekend once the tyres are off.

I also went route of used forged wheels. My set of 17x7.5 Taneisya T6 with weight of 6.2kg each was just 400eur. Cannot justify price of new forged set for 2-3K for car that is intended to be cheap. If i had to buy new ones, probably would limit myself with some lighter cast ones, like RPF1 or Kosei K4R.

4 hours ago, CHOSENMAN007 said:

What enkei wheels are you quoting there? That 17x7 you mentioned is quite heavier than my 18x8 (racing line). You have to remember enkei have several different categories. They are as follows lightest top and they get heavier accordingly. So the weight or wheel you specified is a bit to general. You should annotate the model also.

He is quoting the stock wheels there.

FWIW I have 17x8 ET42 wheels are they are still fairly tucked, definitely need at least 10mm less tuck to get them flush.

Those CE28Ns should be around 6kg each I think, very light indeed!

CE28's. Good choice! Now those are nice and crazily light wheels. I'm guessing about 6.5kg per wheel or so? 

Tyres are off. Seems the GF's scales are tiny, so had to make do and balance one against my leg to stop it rolling off, but it came in at 6.4kg.

They're caked in many years of brake dust. So hopefully come out roughly the same once cleaned up and powder coated. Shame I'll lose the stickers on the inside.

9eabfce574e104bea5fd2515089b7e57.jpg