Deacon

Tyre review article using a GT86 and comparing road tyres and semi slicks

Came across this article on Tyre Reviews comparing a range of road tyres and semi slicks. The article definitely adds more support to what a lot of people on here have been saying about how good a road tyre the PS4's are.

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Article/2017-Sport-Auto-UHP-and-Track-Day-Tyre-Test.htm

Would be very interesting to see these tyres tested from cold over one lap, IMO the result would be very different. Shame some other brands were not present in the test. But a good read none the less.

Has anyone tried running extra toe out on the front and toe in on the rear to scrub the tyres a bit more to help with warm up? We used to do that for sprints on a small bike engined single seater and it made a decent difference.

9 minutes ago, maurice said:

Interesting that both the Sport Contact 5 and Pirelli P Zero are faster than the PS4 on a dry track. Sounds like there's been some placebo effect helping it's reputation on here.

Depends on the length of session C5's go squidgy after 6 or 7 laps and I thought P zero were rubbish. Personal preference I guess.

They did the test running 18" when some of us run 17" still. There are so many threads on the forums about tyres and which is best but a lot of us run Yokohama's.  

Yes in part due to TSS MSA tyre list but they work all year round in most conditions and on track whether sprinting or track day.

I ran Conti 5's on my previous BMW which were great and the one I have now has Bridgestone Potenza s001 which are crap and no grip dry or wet.

horses for courses!!