jevvy

Valenti Lighhts, Under Diffuser, Various other bits.

£300 is too cheap for secondhand TE37's, unless you struck very lucky.  They should be double that for ones that need a refurb. TE37s in good condition would be more like £800 secondhand. 

The newer ones have Rays engineering on the rim. The older ones have it on the back in the insets where the wheel mounts to the hub. 

Staggered is not cool if you care about driving. If you're more into aesthetics it could be okay, but depends what it is. 

Any pics?

23 minutes ago, Lauren said:

Here's an example of the rear identifying marks on mine when I got them back in 2013: 

33720851832_9ef6fd5348_c.jpgBack of Rays Eng TE37 by Lauren Blighton, on Flickr

https://gyazo.com/245e7e3f1d4cd28af5624374084202b2

this is the best pic i have atm i asked him to send me some clear pics of the backs when he gets home from work but as i said he had no idea about wheels and from the front lettering on the right hand side its pointing to genuine but i could be wrong but all of the fakes ive seen on ebay have different lettering to the genuine ones

Here you go: 

245e7e3f1d4cd28af5624374084202b2.png

From the initial pic, it looks promising. Though the older ones like mine and this one don't have Rays cast into the outside rim, so they're probably 5 years old or more. That's not a prolbem and they look like they need a refurb, but obviously you need to see the back.

2 hours ago, Paul said:

Nothing ricey about smoked lights either.

ordered! thansk for the advice smoked rears and the sticky fender aero fins ordered!, btw i also ordered some of the metal TRD door thingies from alibaba and they just came I sprayed my orange and am about to put them on the car if you pm me your address you can have them as well as the plastic ones if u think youll use them instead or pm me your number and i can whatsapp u some pics

11 hours ago, jevvy said:

Also these are the same Valentin's sold by fensport if I'm not mistaken 

You are, I was told to avoid. If you go on ft86 speed factory you'll see that the tints and colors are different. Spoke to Dan @ fensport last year he said the cheap ones were replicas. 

34 minutes ago, Tim86 said:

You are, I was told to avoid. If you go on ft86 speed factory you'll see that the tints and colors are different. Spoke to Dan @ fensport last year he said the cheap ones were replicas. 

It's been proven they're made in the same place, whether official or not. Apparently this is why the Revos are being manufactured elsewhere.

FT86speedfactory do their own range of colours, they look better than the official ones IMO.

It's of little surprise you were told to avoid the cheaper ones by those who sell the official expensive ones ;)

6 hours ago, Lauren said:

Here you go: 

245e7e3f1d4cd28af5624374084202b2.png

From the initial pic, it looks promising. Though the older ones like mine and this one don't have Rays cast into the outside rim, so they're probably 5 years old or more. That's not a prolbem and they look like they need a refurb, but obviously you need to see the back.

Lauren I need your eyes again! im not sure about the staggered ones since it will be a faff to make a set. but what about these. They look like they have all of the right markings but i cant find anything similar anywhere! 

11 minutes ago, jevvy said:

Lauren I need your eyes again! im not sure about the staggered ones since it will be a faff to make a set. but what about these. They look like they have all of the right markings but i cant find anything similar anywhere! 

http://www.upgrademotoring.com/wheels/winning.htm

think i found them, ordered them for £450 shipped. Any pointers on where to get them powdercoated? They look in a1 condition just paint flaking and dirty but no actual damage seems like a bargain? They are 114 mind you but i have a set of Hubcentric 25mm spacers that convert 100 to 114 and it will give the car a much meaner stance. The 25mm will be more like a 15mm increase with the offset which should have almost no effect on the car. possibly make it more grippy which isnt ideal hehe  )

Well, not quite as pretty a wheel, but are Rays/Volk wheels, but depends on width and offset. I think price wise they are worth it, though I guess the more desirable stuff like the TE37s always command more. Do you know what they are? 

I just went to a local wheel shop in Stockport. About £50 a wheel. 

1 hour ago, Lauren said:

Well, not quite as pretty a wheel, but are Rays/Volk wheels, but depends on width and offset. I think price wise they are worth it, though I guess the more desirable stuff like the TE37s always command more. Do you know what they are? 

I just went to a local wheel shop in Stockport. About £50 a wheel. 

Volks racing fr winning, they seem a bit rare, which I like as not many others will have them! I really like the inner lip and is often a different colour which looks very nice of you google them there are a few pics I think people use them on gtrs most often. They are 18'' 8j which is what I wanted too. People in the us are asking 13-1600 dollars a set so I think I got a pretty good deal! 

Yep, sounds like a good deal! What's the offset? And yes a fairly unusual wheel which is no bad thing. 

My problem is, I think I'm about the only one with TE37's, but every one else is running Rota grids. At least you won't have that problem with there being far less copies of those wheels. 

19 minutes ago, Lauren said:

Yep, sounds like a good deal! What's the offset? And yes a fairly unusual wheel which is no bad thing. 

My problem is, I think I'm about the only one with TE37's, but every one else is running Rota grids. At least you won't have that problem with there being far less copies of those wheels. 

The chap wasn't sure but they come in 28 38and 48 I think so one of those he thought it was 38 or 48. Yeah all the te37s are like 1300+ that I found so as far as bang for the buck I'm happy! Think I'm going to go orange with s blue inner rim to be a bit flashy! Admittedly they aren't as pretty as the te37s and won't  have the instant recognisability but I still like the design a lot! And it's nice to be different!