Sign in to follow this  
Tim86

HKS Panel Filter & Spark Plugs - Warranty void?

Hi guys, 

I've an HKS air filter and OEM equivalent spark plugs (stock grade) in my GT86 and need to get the engine looked at under warranty. 

Was just wondering if this is going to void my warranty? 

Eek! Crossing fingers and toes then. Slight knocking coming from the engine, could be a fuel pump or rocker arm. Actually first heard it before it was serviced and these parts were installed, but dismissed it at the time. 

I would be surprised if it's an issue. The air filter won't matter, but it's not a good idea fitting anything other than OEM plugs. The stock ones last 60K miles after all. OEM equivalent is not OEM. I must admit I only fit OEM ignition components to my cars. The plugs aren't even that expensive. 

Right ok, well i took the car to the dealer for them to look at a while ago, they wanted to see me replicate the issue. Spoke to them since and they want to bring the vehicle in for a full inspection of the car, couple of hours with the mechanics. Then will let me know whether it will be a warranty case.

Fingers crossed, otherwise that cost will delay the turbo going on ;)

Thank you sir, still in new territory with this being my first project car. Hope to thank you all in person over time. I'm off to learn more tonight.

Best,

Tim

Had it in yesterday for inspection. They suspect that it's either a fuel pump or vacuum pump issue. No problems with the spark plugs either as they are a service part.. handy incase anyone is interested in getting their 60k service done at Fensport or similar in future.

;)