Sign in to follow this  
Stutopia

Tapping Reverse For Power & Signal

I've got a reverse camera 90% installed with my new headunit, the last bit is getting the reverse light wiring. Previously I've tapped camera power and headunit signal from the reverse light wire, but that was with the reverse light nice and high up in the rear brake light cluster, near the camera. With the BRZ its down in the diffuser, which looks great but is further away. I thought I'd ask if more experienced installers know if there is a convenient place around the boot area to tap the reverse light for dash cam power and headunit signal?

Thanks.

Head-unit reverse signal is already in the wiring harness for the stereo on the 28 pin connector, doesn't really help much when the video lead has a conductor for it anyway though.

edit: I meant reverse not brake

Sorted it, thanks billdingo.

Only minor moment of panic was when I came to test it. Screen switched over to camera as expected but all I got was this! Couldn't figure out how I'd managed to mount the camera so incredibly wrongly...

mxZxayf.jpg

...yeah, you should always shut the boot before checking your reverse camera :lol: