Sign in to follow this  
zhuonanli

Re-alignment For Body Panels

Long story short.

I bought my GT86 back in December, it was an impulse purchase as I could not stand my diesel car anymore.

I know the car that I bought had a front end damage hence the lower price for a low mileage car.

I love the car to bits and I do not regret buying it at all. However there is one thing getting on my nerve. Is that the gap between the bonnet and the wing?  The left hand side is slightly bigger than the right hand side.

I am just wondering is it possible to get the panels re-aligned and do you guys have any suggestion about where they do them? I am based in Leicester :)

Ive already emailed a few body shops and waiting for some replies .

Thanks for seeing this post

IMG_5473.JPG

IMG_5474.JPG

IMG_5475.JPG

Undo the 5x10mm bolts on top of the wing under the bonnet push little bit on the wing towards the bonnet, tighten up the bolts. There is one bolt also inside the door jam and couple bolts under where the skirts are, you might not have to touch them depending how much adjustment you can get with just the top bolts undone. It is very simple job to align the panels and with bit of patiance you shouldn't have a problem, if you are unable to hold a spanner then any bodyshop should defiantly do it. 

1 hour ago, HubertK said:

Undo the 5x10mm bolts on top of the wing under the bonnet push little bit on the wing towards the bonnet, tighten up the bolts. There is one bolt also inside the door jam and couple bolts under where the skirts are, you might not have to touch them depending how much adjustment you can get with just the top bolts undone. It is very simple job to align the panels and with bit of patiance you shouldn't have a problem, if you are unable to hold a spanner then any bodyshop should defiantly do it. 

Thanks for the detailed reply, very useful, however i will need to have a bodyshop to do it for me as I cannot DIY at all apart from changing light bulbs :(  hopefully the car can be re-aligned and look good again. 

Have you not got a friend who has aligned a bonnet before who could help you? I've had the bonnet off my AE86 a few times now when I've had the engine out and it's not difficult to line it up. As Hubert said, just slacken the bolts off and have wiggle, it's not hard to do. 

It looks like the front bumper isn't mounted properly either on the clips at the very front of the wings, I'd get that sorted first before doing the wings and bonnet.