Paul

Camera and headrest mount

Hi All,

So my wife's asked me to start thinking about birthday presents and since I'm going to be doing a few more track days this year I was thinking of getting a GoPro or similar and some sort of mount. I prefer the look of the headrest mounts because they're out of the way.

I was wondering whether anyone used anything like this at the moment and what people would recommend?

Although I usually keep up with tech this is one area where I've done zero research, right now I'm leaning towards the Hero5 Session but it does seem a lot pricier than some other makes and models so actually how much difference is there? I am not worried about 4k, just want 1080p in at least 60 fps.

In for info on such mounts aswell, though would prefer something that can let mount cellphone via some brodit's or generic adjustable/universal mount, to use smartphone to film if wished. Headrest seems best place to film both track & driver inputs.

2 hours ago, chris_9011 said:

I made my own adjustable headrest mount for my GoPro copy camera... came out alright actually

17021919_10154205981106646_5030991290661103228_n.jpg

Making something like this is on my list of to do things. Looks good.

I can get ok results using a suction mount on the rear window, with the camera facing forward. Tether the mount to the stick up rear light on the parcel shelf (finally a use for it!).

I'm a bit sceptical of how safe it is having a metal bar poking out of the side of the headrest with a passenger nearby.