Sign in to follow this  
richardcarman

Tour of south uk and Wales - suggested roads?

Depends how far into Wales you're willing to come, but all around Brecon Beacons there are some phenomenal roads (black mountains were used on old Top Gear hundreds of times). A little further north you can go to Elan Valley, which is perhaps a little trickier for passionate driving, but some epic scenery. Then of course up in North Wales you have Snowdonia, Evo Triangle, Llanberis and loads more.

You could honestly spend 3-4 days just touring Wales and never get bored.

Not sure if this will help you, but this is a route I designed a while back for my previous club. This is a route we drove multiple times, usually over 2 or 3 days, staying at a few hotels along the way.

There are a few other roads you miss out on by taking this route, but I think on balance you probably experience the most diverse routes this way.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.4536713,-4.0807882,9z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!6m1!1s10kiEJIMl6CDKEP58a-uUJNNoE6g

In Devon, there is a country back road from Starcross up Telegraph hill to the A380. It runs from the back of the oak meadow golf club.

Its got a long straight at the start, then a nice windy hill climb. However it's only like 10 minutes of driving, so I wouldn't travel far just for that!