Sign in to follow this  
benmmellor

Door and lock pulls - what a PITA!

Whoever was in charge of designing the lock pull setup and fixing it to the door card should be dragged outside and whipped with the ball end cables... !

Must've been a Subaru designer as all my Toyotas (and Lexus) have had the door pull fixed to the door skin rather than the door card.

3rd time this week that I've had to reseat the ball in the 'lever' - once I've managed to get the door open! I'm a dab hand at getting the door skin off now in about 2 minutes (again once I;ve managed to open the damn door!)

Quite embarassing having to get in the passenger door and climb over the transmission tunnel to get into the drivers seat.

Hopefully it will stay put for a while now!:angry:

On a positive note, I'm well chuffed with the Focal speakers now fitted and the Subaru mirror auto close module! ^_^

...when it falls off again, feel free to take some pictures to show us how you fix it once and for all. There's stuff clonking around in my doors, but I've not had the courage to pull the card off.

This was after taking the card off to fit the mirror close module and the new speakers.

Well all seems to be behaing at the moment. Certain I put the green/white nylon sheaths/clips back in properly as they do 'click' into place. The ball on the end of the cable is seated properly in the 'cup' and the cable is in the groove - so all as they should be thankfully!

Hopefully it was just a gremlin from they way the door card has to be fitted and the cables had come out off the groove with having to manhandle the door card back on.