benmmellor

Subaru auto-close loom (H2717CA0000) Fitting? Wire on Lock Loom??

I've got a day to myself to do some car jobs - so was planning to fit my Focal kit and also the Subaru mirror auto close loom that's been sat on my garage shelf for 6 months plus.

I did find a thread which detailed which correct wire on the UK lock loom to connect the black scotchlock connection onto... but I can't find it!

any help would be appreciated so I can get this done whilst the door card is off whilst I do the speakers today!

fitted and working - just the hassle of making the loom fit.

going to have to have the door card off again soon as the Focal IS165TOY kit I got to install this weekend is short of the extension cable for the main speakers :rolleyes:

If you have to take the door card off again, could I suggest that you remove the Scotchlock and solder the connection properly.

(Scotchlocks are a bodge - they eventually fail due to the vibration of the car, and they risk cutting through the cable that you're tapping into, reducing its current carrying capacity).

I  may do that at when the weather gets warmer - not the best at soldering so may look at a small chockblock connector instead.

Already had the door card off again this morning as the ball on the lock cable had managed to pop out of the notch - ended up having to climb in and out of the passenger side until I managed to get the door to open up :wacko: