GreenSpring

How strict is the Toyota warranty?

Hello :)

I am going to purchase my first GT86 in March and I'm really excited. I'm looking to purchase from a Toyota dealer and just wanted to know how strict they are on what voids the warranty. What kind of mods could be done to it? I'd like to mostly do appearance mods as I'm only 20 and the insurance would screw me over on anything performance related.

Thanks

14 minutes ago, don said:

You should try giving Brentacre a call. They insured me when i was around 20 for a performance hot hatch, all modifications included FOC except forced induction.

It was a lot cheaper than all the comparison sites too.

It also might be worth giving Adrian Flux & Chris Knott a call too considering they are forum traders.

But in regards to how strict it is, it depends on which dealer you go to. RRG Macclesfield are know for super awesome service.

Oh, will give them a call later, would love to be able to do a few performance mods :D with most insurers I would have to pay another £100 for an aftermarket drop in filter or something haha. Thanks :) I guess I'll talk to my toyota dealer when I get the car, just getting a little impatient!

8 hours ago, GreenSpring said:

I'm looking to purchase from a Toyota dealer and just wanted to know how strict they are on what voids the warranty.

Nothing voids the warranty. It's not like you put lowering springs or a body kit on the car and the warranty is no longer honoured, It's only if the mod causes an issue then obviously the warranty won't cover it. Some dealers seem more likely to blame mods than others, mine have always been good to me. Look at Lordgrover's thread, engine mods and a blown engine and was still covered,

Worth getting a few quotes... I'm a lot older than you, but was surprised how little extra it cost for the mild mods I've got (the usual - remap, exhaust bits, wheels, suspension...)

I think with this car it's relatively common and probably not the same profile of owner as - say - a modified Vauxhall Corsa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The other thing which you need to take into account with the warranty is whether the car has always been serviced in accordance with Toyota's schedule. Shouldn't be an issue if you're planning to buy from a Toyota dealer, but worth checking nonetheless.

38 minutes ago, Philip said:

The other thing which you need to take into account with the warranty is whether the car has always been serviced in accordance with Toyota's schedule. Shouldn't be an issue if you're planning to buy from a Toyota dealer, but worth checking nonetheless.

I've had mine serviced at a main dealers may as well had been Nobbys's back street garage for the effort they have put in to resolve issues I have had