Racer

Alarm going off HELP!

Hi Guys

Just got home from work and tried to get in the car.

Tried both fobs but both dead. Used the manual key to get in and , off course now the alarms going off !

I've had to disconnect the battery and luckily the back up didn't last too long and its now stopped thank God.

I thought the neighbours were going to lynch me!

It's played up like this a bit lately, but then once I got in the car a waived the fobs around a bit all seemed be well and I could drive away.

Now though it's just refusing to work on either Fob.

Could I have a dead battery in both Fobs? Or is it more likely to be a faulty sensor in the car? Is there some sort of reset process I can try?

I've not had any main battery issues since I've had the car.

Any suggestions would be most welcome, I'm pulling my hair out.

Matt

I had exactly the same problem around 6 weeks ago Matt. I just dropped the car off at my local dealer to run some tests. Turned out that both fobs died on the same day. Replacement battery in both and away we went.

33 minutes ago, Racer said:

Hi Guys

Just got home from work and tried to get in the car.

Tried both fobs but both dead. Used the manual key to get in and , off course now the alarms going off !

I've had to disconnect the battery and luckily the back up didn't last too long and its now stopped thank God.

I thought the neighbours were going to lynch me!

It's played up like this a bit lately, but then once I got in the car a waived the fobs around a bit all seemed be well and I could drive away.

Now though it's just refusing to work on either Fob.

Could I have a dead battery in both Fobs? Or is it more likely to be a faulty sensor in the car? Is there some sort of reset process I can try?

I've not had any main battery issues since I've had the car.

Any suggestions would be most welcome, I'm pulling my hair out.

Matt

If you are struggling I am in Benfleet and have changed the battery in my fob

Thanks Guys

I've not had the car long and I've never seen a light on either Fob, so looks like that's the answer.

I'm assuming an ebay search will come up with the goods? or

Are the batteries covered under warranty??

Cheers

1 hour ago, rob275 said: Batteries aren't covered under warranty you need a CR1632

They replaced both of mine no questions asked?

That doesn't mean they are covered under warranty though ;) batteries are inexpensive they probably just done it as a gesture of goodwill. If they are replacing batteries they should top up oil and coolant FOC. It's a consumable pretty much and it has a life of 3 years ish.

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, nikndel said:

If you are struggling I am in Benfleet and have changed the battery in my fob

Cheers Nik

Strangely enough my mate is coming from Benfleet to pick me up in the Morning. We're up at the Pod for Japfest.

I don't suppose your going?

I've got a company van for work on Monday, so I can order the Batteries and weight a few days.