Sign in to follow this  
Neal

Tuition Ards or close

Might be a long shot.  But is anyone on here an Ards instructor.  

I'm interested in some tuition to get the most out of the gt.  I know it's  cheating as part of the fun is learning the characteristics of the car.

However I'm impatient and not adverse to cheating every now and then.

I've previously spent a day with mark hales at Blyton park in my mx5 and that was  other fun and very informative.

Thanks everyone 

I don't think there is. I could be wrong of course. Just book on to trackdays and book tuition. If you want, I can put you onto a friend of mine who is very good. But you'll need to be serious. http://www.simonmason.com/coaching-fees

I've been helping out members with some pointers at track days. I'm not an ARDS instructor. I considered doing it back in 2004, but daftly decided to be a social worker instead! So I'm happy to give some tips on technique and all that, but if you want someone to spend at least a day with (which I would recommend), just use a reputable track day operator and book instruction for the day. I think one-to-one training is better as it focuses on what you need to and at your pace. I think the CAT driver training would be great for the basics though, so it depends what you want out of it. 

Thanks knight rider and Lauren both seem great options.  I've had a reasonable amount of on track tuition in my mx5 so have a basic handle on the basic skills heel and toe and left foot braking etc.  I understand weight transfer and helping the car to take a set in a corner.

I want a better grasp of handling at the limit and going beyond it and holding it there.  I've already found the gt moves around a lot more than the mx5

No worries, Neal. I would say if you want to work on more advanced techniques in terms of fast driving, Simon's your man. He's local too. Also you may want to consider getting some drift instruction. I found it useful as it's all car control and you have to learn to balance the car when it's going sideways, which does take a bit of practice.