Sign in to follow this  
KobayashiMaru

GT86 Initial D

Love it. Thinking of nicking the striping for my red car.

Wonder if ToyotaGB would spill the beans on who did the decals - they probably still have the CAD file - bet they'd sell a few sets of those...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Says they made the wheels for the car. Surely they must be for sale somewhere? I could see lots wanting them for the retro look

Oh yes you can buy them... If you want to import from Japan and have VERY deep pockets. I would love a set, but sadly out of my league.

These are Watanabe wheels. Also a company called Atara Racing in Malaysia makes 3-piece Pisang wheels in similar design and obviously offers more options in terms of size and offset. Not cheap either.

I need a lottery win. Can't possibly justify all that money on a set of retro (and not even particularly light) wheels, but I've fallen a bit in love with this car.

The decals are particularly good. The stripes are in exactly the right place to enhance the lines of the car. There have been a few attempts at this look, but this one is the best...

Toyota should really offer stuff like this as options. OK the market would be small but the idea of the 86 was to make it how you wanted it. Other manufacturers offer more wheel and decal options than Toyota currently do. If you had the CAD file for those decals there's plenty of places that could do it for you.

Hmmmm....am I the only one who thinks this just doesn't work?  Don't get me wrong, watched and loved Initial D, think this is cool and everything but I just don't think it works with the GT86, the lines just don't work.

You're entitled to your opinion. But you're wrong of course

Putting aside the initial D link, the black bottom half of the car slims it and makes front and rear bumpers look less heavy.

If  Shuichi Shigeno was to write a completely new manga of a 2nd coming of Initial D with the GT86 and the modern drift scene that would be interesting and i would definitely watch it if it was to turn into anime show too.

Perhaps a dramatisation of the TSS series?

Initial D: Legend 3 is out in Japan now. The last scene is Takumi in his AE86 chasing an orange GT86 that's being driven by the same voice actor who played him originally. It's almost as if old Takumi is reminiscing and going back to old scenes but now owns a GT86, Perhaps there will be more. The very end hints at more movies. At the end of 5th stage Takumi now using the Impreza for deliveries passes the same GT86 
maxresdefault.jpg

Legend 3 is available on the web but there are no english subtitles available yet from last time i have checked,oh i am excited for this 3rd movie and the last episode of 5th stage was very interesting when they showed the GT86.

8 minutes ago, Tareim said:

I've never watched Initial D, is there an English dubbed version at all?

I highly recommend watching the original Japanese with english subtitles as it stays true to the original script and music. Although Stage 1-4 are available on youtube on Funanimation channel with both original japanese+subtitles and english dub. :) 

1 hour ago, kurosagi01 said:

Legend 3 is available on the web but there are no english subtitles available yet from last time i have checked,oh i am excited for this 3rd movie and the last episode of 5th stage was very interesting when they showed the GT86.

It was on YouTube briefly subbed then got taken down. Subs were basic but good enough. Google the forum for Initial D and it's there

2 minutes ago, KobayashiMaru said:

It was on YouTube briefly subbed then got taken down. Subs were basic but good enough. Google the forum for Initial D and it's there

I'm waiting for a HD release with subtitles before i give it a watch. :) I have Legend 1 and 2 in 1080p with subtitles.