Sign in to follow this  
un1eash

Good job I changed the tyres...

So I picked up my 62 plate GT86 last week on Thursday knowing it had near new Wanli S1088 tyres on the rear, not being a fan I was always planning on getting these changed so ordered some Uniroyal Rainsport 3's. I took them to my local tyre fitter today on my way home and on removal of the drivers rear found this.

20160615_165233_zpsv5gve3u3.jpg

20160615_165248_zpspsg4npxn.jpg

Not quite sure what to do and how to play this but I plan on contacting the dealership tomorrow as I consider this pretty dangerous especially as I could of chosen to do a fair few spirited miles on this tyre. Part of me understands they possibly couldn't tell that the tyre had been run while flat and how would you pick up on this unless there is obvious sidewall damage. 

The other thing is they could just turn round and say I ran it flat. 

As you say, you were changing the tyres anyway (you wonder what sort of dork would consider putting £40 a corner tyres on a RWD sports car in the first place) so are not out of pocket, and the tyre damage was not obvious from an external inspection. I would just put it down to a lucky escape and start enjoying the car ;)

I've let them know but as you say I'm not bothered what they do with the information. 

Definitely enjoying the car now, just been out in some seriously heavy rain and the uniroyals are great, not a single wheel spin or slide. The car feels as it should now and I can now explore it's capabilities and limits. Uniroyals were £65 fitted so will look at putting some on the front also.