DaveJenks95

HKS Supercharger ?? Whats the Verdict

Hi,

Im looking at going for the HKS supercharger kit for my gt86 but just looking for some opinions from those who have already experienced a HKS gt86... Worth getting??

Regards,

Dave

You're probably better off telling us what you're looking for really as that will dictate what's best you get. There's Plenty of F/I options available for the FA20, and also depends on what sort of power you want to make.

I've got the HKS Charger V2 and love it. 

It really depends how you drive. If you like the NA kinda power delivery where you really have to rev the car to get power then the HKS suits that. If you like big grunt low / mid torque then its not that sort of boost. 

HKS Charger will make as much power as you can safely run on a stock engine, and has potential for more if you ever got a forged engine. 

With the HKS charger you can start with the lower restrictor and work up to open up more boost. I'm based in Norwich, but if we ever end up near by you're welcome to come and take a look. 

It's really down to preference as Rob says there are lots of options, all typically end up around the same but the power delivery is slightly different. Just try and get as many rides in before you make a decision. If budget is at play then the HKS charger is very good value for money now! 

2 hours ago, rob275 said:

You're probably better off telling us what you're looking for really as that will dictate what's best you get. There's Plenty of F/I options available for the FA20, and also depends on what sort of power you want to make.

2 hours ago, GT86Jay said:

Just try and get rides in as many before you make a decision.

Echo this... sample as many as you can and then make your own mind up. Lots of options out there :)

Where are you based David? My car is running the HKS V2, as mentioned it's top end where it comes to life keeping the car in the higher rev range and it's an amazing piece of kit. Currently running 320.