Sign in to follow this  
CGR Automotive

Exhaust Development Car Wanted

Posted this up earlier but realise it may get more traffic through this part of the forum;

Looking for someone who's flexible and after a discounted exhaust system for us to build a development product on, there's more details her

http://www.gt86.org.uk/forums/topic/3816-development-car-wanted/

Cheers!

CGR :)

35 minutes ago, CGR Automotive said:

Posted this up earlier but realise it may get more traffic through this part of the forum;

Looking for someone who's flexible and after a discounted exhaust system for us to build a development product on, there's more details here;

Cheers!

CGR :)

What sort of discount would it be please?

10 hours ago, Deacon said:

What sort of discount would it be please?

I would depend on the spec of the system i.e what size silencers and tailpipes e.t.c you'd like but we could probably do a system for around the £500-£550 mark :)

This will be a louder option however we build all our own silencers so they're very well packed and suppress quite a lot of noise for how compact they are, there's plenty of room to fit another silencer in the centre-pipe if that's what some customers would rather go for.

I'll get a video of one of the 370Z systems we do which had basically 4 boxes of similar size to the ones pictured and was spot on for what the customer wanted, not too loud at all with minimal cabin noise when cruising but gave a noise but not too loud when opened up, there was plenty of room to still make it louder and that's a 320bhp 3.7litre V6.

We'll be offering various options to cater for different noise levels too so we can make them to your exact specifications :)

I agree with the guys, you may be surprised when you fit the exhaust just how loud these cars are with an unresonated exhaust. Mine had a centre silencer and a fairly large baffled back box and it's still loud. Look forward to hearing it though, certainly looks like a nice design.

Just to be clear the two rear boxes are technically resonators, we just call them silencers as we only build highly effective straight through resonated silencers.

Fingers crossed we'll have the system fitted to the car in the next few weeks or so and will try both set-ups with 2 and 3 silencers, there's always scope to make them bigger and smaller depending on customer needs so there'll definitely be an option for everyone :)

Hi guys,

We're still after a development car for our first exhaust system. We've got all the parts in and ready to go to build it we just need a willing victim to let us have a play with one.

System will be built to your spec as requested, quiet or as loud as you'd like with any style of tips e.t.c

Take a look at our facebook and instagram for pictures of other bits and bobs we've been doing

Facebook

Instagram

Cheers :)

2 hours ago, rob275 said:

Take it you didn't get hold of Kaz then? I'd help you out but i'm nowhere near you.

Nope no word from him as of yet, how far is nowhere near? We've had people drive from all over the place in the past but I understand it's quite an inconvenience especially as we'd need the car for a little while. 

59 minutes ago, CGR Automotive said:

how far is nowhere near? 

South of London ;) I'm even further away, my car is not a DD so I would have been up for this if you weren't the other end of the country.

1 hour ago, CGR Automotive said:

Ahh that's a shame, doesn't seem like there's many local to use nevermind ones that aren't daily driven

I'm in Wales, but have family up in Doncaster and would be OK without the car for a week.

Problem is, I have a custom exhaust already, and I certainly don't have £500 to spare to replace it :/

1 hour ago, S18 RSG said:

I'm in Wales, but have family up in Doncaster and would be OK without the car for a week.

Problem is, I have a custom exhaust already, and I certainly don't have £500 to spare to replace it :/

I see, not a problem just let us know if you fancy a change! :)

1 minute ago, Gringosteve said:

I live in Manchester, if it was a free exhaust it would be worth the inconvenience of borrowing a loan car and getting over to you

www.tuned.org.uk

Even if it was a big discount. I paid £450 for my custom exhaust which is amazing quality, lifetime warranty, T304 stainless, my own choice of tips etc.

However, I'd be willing to give it up as I've been thinking about a slightly louder system and different tailpipes, but not paying £500 for that. Could go back to the original shop and have those changes made for maybe £150.