richardcarman

Deposit paid!!!!

I've only gone and paid a deposit this morning, car available to see and test drive Friday!

After a disappointing start to Saturday, a gt86 got sold as I was on route to look!! Things took a turn when a low miles BRZ turned up locally. I love the Subaru blue but not convinced on interior however this was an SE Lux and had all I wanted, except for that god damn awful audio unit! Whoever decide to put that in needs shooting! Anyway bit of research on after markets and decision made and deposit paid!

Not been able to see the exact one yet as not in till Friday but seen one exact same spec so let's hope all boxes get ticked on Friday!

Anything I should know re BRZ issues, I know a few for GT86 so assuming same will apply?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats. Both cars are the same save for the noted differences, so same issues apply. The Subaru WRC blue is just a lovely colour. I think the only thing I'm really not keen on is the cheaper dash dials in the Subaru, but small details really. 

The audio unit is cack, how they can get away without Bluetooth these days is ridiculous. Even if you choose the upgraded model still no DAB. I opted to leave the cack one in and replaced it with a Pioneer that has satnav, Bluetooth and DAB for £700 including fitting.

Agreed Toyota ones are nicer but I can live with the Subaru ones

Subaru audio makes the dodgy Toyota unit look good. Worth it for that blue though. And the BRZ is so much rarer.

Enjoy (you will)

Agreed Toyota ones are nicer but I can live with the Subaru onesSent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Subaru audio makes the dodgy Toyota unit look good. Worth it for that blue though. And the BRZ is so much rarer.

Enjoy (you will)

Are you joking? The Subaru basic unit is very poor. I thought the Toyota one has an LCD screen and Bluetooth?

S'what i meant. The Toyota one is basic but ok. The Subaru unit looks like something they bought from a market trader...

But the OP is very wise. The Toyota one is just 'not crap' enough that I've put up with it. If I'd bought a BRZ I'd have a decent aftermarket system by now

atleast with the Subaru unit you have physical buttons to push rather than a vague touchscreen system with no feedback

Yeah. Fair point.

I do hate the touch screen with a vengeance. Main pet hates...

- displaying 'audio off' and a naff graphic when it's off. Why can't it simply be 'off'. It doesn't do anything else.

- stupid pseudo 3D source selection screen where you have to scroll to select iPod or FM. There's a perfectly good secondary screen where they're all simple icons but you can't have that as default. Grrr.

So there's your choice. Nineties aftermarket market trader special in the Subaru, or touchscreen brought to you by Nintendo DS circa 2003 in the Toyota...

Hope the facelifted one is better

The mounting brackets for the Subaru head unit are unique to the "market trader special" design.

If you buy a GT86 compatible head unit you'll need the GT86 brackets, the Toyota part numbers are:

SU00301962 and SU00301963

12 hours ago, Nicebiscuit said:

Yeah. Fair point.

I do hate the touch screen with a vengeance. Main pet hates...

- displaying 'audio off' and a naff graphic when it's off. Why can't it simply be 'off'. It doesn't do anything else.

Go into settings > display > screen off

To be fair I'll sort the stereo, with a half decent aftermarket. Can't decide if putting a reverse camera in would be a good idea? Thoughts?

Hopefully will be Friday quick and I can see the car I've got the deposit on! All being well pick her up Saturday - can't wait but will be sad when I sell the Fabia, she's been a good car