Sign in to follow this  
Cal

Service, Oil Cap. Disaster.

So quick one as just about to go to garage to get this rectified.

In for 30k service yday, all fine. on drive home smelt bit of oil, just assumed they missed the hole a little.

Got home and decided to play with suspension. lifted bonnet, oil everywhere cap on the side.

They're going to "steam clean" and flush oil.

what more should i be asking for other than all this in writing.

Angry.

I remember hearing that someone on here experienced the same I think.....Can't remember what he got in the end but they did clean it all up I think.

Hope you get it sorted and the outcome is satisfactory!

I think it is enough just for them to put things right. I'd ask for them to put in writing that in the event of the car experiencing engine problems in the future due to this mishap they will take full responsibility.

About 10 years or so ago I picked up my 156 from its service the day before I was going on holiday with it. The next day I got it out of the garage to find a pool of oil underneath. I rushed it back to the dealer to discover that the sump plug had been cross threaded and the whole sump needed to be replaced. At first they were saying it wasn't their fault until I pointed out that they do the f---ing servicing and I don't go around unscrewing and screwing the sump plug for fun. They gave me some shitty courtesy car so I ended up using the wife's Brava for our holiday.

I think a discount off the service is fair due to your inconvenience in having to take it back

Absolutely. It's a mistake and that's fine. But don't forget you're paying top dollar labour rates as part of that service. That's the bit where I'd expect to see a bit of 'goodwill' if they are serious about customer service. The argument always runs that for that high £ per hour you're getting the benefit of highly qualified and trained staff...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk