Sign in to follow this  
Squadrone Rosso

Brake pedal travel

Had our first weekend away in the 86. Drove to Chester from South Wales through Wales so great fun. Comfortable & economical too.

Not driven the car much (it's my wife's) the the brake pedal free travel before the bite seems very long. The brakes work well enough with a shove.

I hate over servoed brakes but the initial pedal travel is concerning & not how I remember.

You may remember that ours had the brake ABS pump & module was replaced shorty after buying the car new.

I assume this involved interfering with the brake hydraulic fluid so could a bleed be in order?

Thanks,

Simon

Or just different to the car you normally drive? My other car has typically over servoed modern brakes. I always stand that on its nose after driving the gt86.

I find the travel just right for heel and toeing so you have a firm pedal at about the right height to access the throttle. If it's much lower than that it's probably wrong...

If anything I have the opposite problem - it's very keen to lock various wheels. The abs seems to have to work quite hard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm used to Italian brakes so not over servoed at all. What struck me with the 86 was just how firm & responsive the pedal was yet still being easy to modulate. Pretty much perfect. I think it needs a quick dealer visit just to be safe.

Without someone else with an 86 to try it, it's difficult to tell, best bet is taking back to the dealer, maybe even have a quick drive in one of theirs to feel the difference (rather them poking around and just saying there's nothing wrong without really knowing), or see who's near by and organise a mini meet to try their's out.