Special K

Autotrans update

1 hour ago, Special K said:

Hi Ed, Rob,

Not too bright at the moment as I am due for an operation, seeing my neurosurgeon this Saturday and hope to fix a provisional date.  A disc has gone in my neck and is causing partial paralysis of my left arm (spondylosis), hence I cannot compete at present. Off to States next week for 12 days, when I get back we can hopefully have a beer . .

Spec K

Get well soon Keith

Thanks all

Saw my neurosurgeon this morning and the MRI scan has confirmed his best (worst?) prediction.

I have to undergo surgery. His opinion? - whilst the majority of the current problem is down to arthritic degeneration since he last replaced a couple of disks in my neck (2009) the additional stress of motorsport (G-force with helmet weight) has not helped. If I was a pro rugby player it would signal the end of my career - if I was a pro football player I would be out for the rest of this year.

His initial recommendation was fusing three neck vertebrae and thereby limiting all neck movement. My initial recommendation was that, if he wished to retain his manhood, he should reconsider his recommendations.

This is known as 'negotiation' (as Keethos will aver, being a management guru) However, iIn this case we don't need to go to ACAS. When the patient is wide awake and weilding a gelding threat/23inch kukri matters tend to focus a little closer to home . .  s'funny, that . .

A third disk will be replaced with a titanium implant. As previous. Full (normal) mobility will be regained if all goes well. However, he is insistent that I do not compete for at least three months, my protests fell on deaf ears in his respect . . operation will - I hope - be scheduled for early May so in August I hope to be in a position to join you guys in the TSS.

But you'll see me at a number of the rounds before then as a spectator.

Spec K