PTL

Tuning in Lincolnshire

Just had my GT improved with a full Miltek exhaust system, k&n filter and ecu remap. Now running 213bhp thanks to the guys at Corten-Miller, Friskville. 

image.thumb.jpeg.0ff618f0e41d72b2312fe1122676983c.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.501f938d0a29613826d2eb1733a7d808.jpeg

Was wondering. Is the redline mods fitted pre tune or is it totally stock car?

Definitely worth it, especially as if you've changed the air flow without reprogramming the ecu, the car's performance may be negatively impacted if it's getting airflow that it's not expecting. Did you change the air filter too? Best to get a rolling road test done to see what it's done to the car. But well worth the smoother delivery of power.  And definitely can recommend Corten-miller for service!

Definitely worth it, especially as if you've changed the air flow without reprogramming the ecu, the car's performance may be negatively impacted if it's getting airflow that it's not expecting. Did you change the air filter too? Best to get a rolling road test done to see what it's done to the car. But well worth the smoother delivery of power.  And definitely can recommend Corten-miller for service!

Yeah got the K&N in. I think it's pretty much accepted that this combo has positive results without mapping. But like you say it's always best to map to get the best out of the mods.

Sadly they are miles away from me just like Fensport and Abbey :(

2 hours ago, Foulsmell said:

Yeah got the K&N in. I think it's pretty much accepted that this combo has positive results without mapping. But like you say it's always best to map to get the best out of the mods.

Sadly they are miles away from me just like Fensport and Abbey :(

I travelled 200+ miles on way for fensport, the distance is worth it to get a remap

Both of them offer a remote tuning if needed, you'd have to buy an ecutek kit however, so the drive is probably the better option plus they fine tune it to your engine and not just an off the shelf remap. 

Both of them offer a remote tuning if needed, you'd have to buy an ecutek kit however, so the drive is probably the better option plus they fine tune it to your engine and not just an off the shelf remap. 

I picked up a 2nd hand cable a while back to map it remotely. If I was going further with mods I'd drive down but Adrian had probably done quite a few of these. There won't be much difference between cars at this level.

Not bad, they have a mock air filter system in the office which clearly shows the difference between the stock and k&n filter, even if you restrict the k&n it allows so much more air through. 

Has your engine lost 30bhp or is this a mx5 running 160bhp?