ZEP

Ferodo racing DS2500 pads

Hello mates:

I fitted today Ferodo Racing 2500 pads in my stock brakes. The OEM pads do have a metalic shield on the back. I could fit those shields on the rear pads. On the front ones the shield seems to be glued. I opted not to fit the shield on the front ones. Has anyone experienced this?

The problem is not getting the shields out. When you put them on the Ferodo front pads they won´t get fixed like on the rear ones. Are they necessary? Will they make noise if fitted?

I found 2500s a bit squealy ( on my AP set up.) So got rid and currently running Hawk fast road set up which whilst slightly down on bite is massively down on squeal.

I'd tread carefully with brake mods as the stock set up is pretty good. 

I found 2500s a bit squealy ( on my AP set up.) So got rid and currently running Hawk fast road set up which whilst slightly down on bite is massively down on squeal.

Would you suggest a pad, fluid and maybe braided lines upgrade would be enough for occasional track / sprint use?

Would you suggest a pad, fluid and maybe braided lines upgrade would be enough for occasional track / sprint use?

that's all you need, and when it comes to pads just a touch more; don't go too aggressive.

While driving on one granitic cube road (non tarmac) and you have some pad wear you ear a metalic noise from the pads  against the brake calliper.

Forgive my poor english.

Edited by ZEP

I upgraded to braided hoses (goodridge) plus higher boiling point brake fluid and 2500 pads. No fade with this set up and have not changed callipers or disc as they are working ok with current wheel and tyre set up 17x8 with advan 105s 225 y94 (stiffer side wall).

Standard brakes do fade on track but I am heavy on brakes due to auto box as I am using hand controls so cannot use engine braking as much as I would like to.

You don't get as much brake dust with these as EBC's.

Ed - I was not aware you drove your car on the road - wow, this must be a meet, my friend!

I cannot fault my DS2500's. I've driven with them on stock calipers / upgraded K-Sport calipers / current Stop Tech calipers. And this is road (around our area in East London) and on track.

Mike - I am also auto box. Ed's a pudding-stirrer, as are most on this Forum. :ph34r: (Blurry neanderthals, the lot of 'em  . .)

Without knowing your driving mode (in auto) I cannot comment on the issues you are having but I am at Donington at the end of this month and if you would like to experience an auto (TRC off, Sport Mode on, Manual mode engaged, 320bhp, the last of the late brakers . . ) you are more than welcome to 'passenger' with me.

Spec K

Ed - I was not aware you drove your car on the road - wow, this must be a meet, my friend!

I cannot fault my DS2500's. I've driven with them on stock calipers / upgraded K-Sport calipers / current Stop Tech calipers. And this is road (around our area in East London) and on track.

Mike - I am also auto box. Ed's a pudding-stirrer, as are most on this Forum. :ph34r: (Blurry neanderthals, the lot of 'em  . .)

Without knowing your driving mode (in auto) I cannot comment on the issues you are having but I am at Donington at the end of this month and if you would like to experience an auto (TRC off, Sport Mode on, Manual mode engaged, 320bhp, the last of the late brakers . . ) you are more than welcome to 'passenger' with me.

Spec K

Always driven it a bit on the road. Don't get me wrong the 2500s are great, fade free track stoppers, just the squealing got on my goat after a while. Dodgy batch; aversion to my AP rotors, not sure on why they were so noisy on my car.

Let's meet for a bevy and I'll show you my just completed hks build and new oiling system.

Always driven it a bit on the road. Don't get me wrong the 2500s are great, fade free track stoppers, just the squealing got on my goat after a while. Dodgy batch; aversion to my AP rotors, not sure on why they were so noisy on my car.

Let's meet for a bevy and I'll show you my just completed hks build and new oiling system.

Love it, Ed !

HKS build? Oiling system? Dry Sump? Wow!

Are you (and any East London/Essex GT86 Drivers)  up for a meet in Wanstead nxt week?

Spec K

Spec K

On track or road put it in sport mode and it's been remapped so select as usual which one I want but because I'm paraplegic I use push pull brake accelerator which is why cannot change down or up when I want to. Hope that makes sense, see pic.

mike

image.jpeg

Mike, that looks a really neat setup for your needs. I would love to 'passenger' with you if the opportunity arises.

I presume the lever is static and doesn't move with the wheel, as with the other controls - it would bash your left leg, yes?  Can I ask who installed it for you?

I cannot see the cruise control stalk - (or is it the 'on-off' button just showing behind the steering wheel?) - how do you change maps?

Spec K

I will be at TD event on 1st and by all means have a look how it works. Lauren's been out in it with me and it's really easy to drive but I was used to motorbikes and throttle and main braking all done with right hand. Lever is static bolt under steering column and Rose jointed under dash to pedals as its still set up for people to drive normally. It was installed by local adaptions company who do all my cars and really great guys and know what they are doing.

Cruise control stalk still there and switch maps with that as most programmed to this. Looking at suspension next and final drive gear to 4.67, so just doing a bit at a time to it as more enjoyable that way and can see the changes.