Kodename47

New Civic Type R

Yeah only around 80-90kgs which isn't so bad I guess. 

That surprises me though, as when I saw them in the flesh at Goodwood and walked past them I was shocked at how large they are dimensionally. They are physically much bigger than EP3's and FN2's, so that is why I thought the weight would be more, as to me it looked bloated in shape. 

Yeah only around 80-90kgs which isn't so bad I guess. 

That surprises me though, as when I saw them in the flesh at Goodwood and walked past them I was shocked at how large they are dimensionally. They are physically much bigger than EP3's and FN2's, so that is why I thought the weight would be more, as to me it looked bloated in shape. 

Thanks cos it's just covered in bits of plastic  :P

In this months evo (September) they have a group test with the CTR, Megane Trophy 275, m135i, golf r and the Leon Cupra sub 8.

On track times the Honda beats the megane but sat in secondplace, half a second back of the Leon.

They feel the civic is a bit too uncomposed on typical British roads, but great on smooth roads.

It's worth a read if anyone is interested in the civic.

That's what I've learned to look out for - 'a bit uncomposed on British roads' usually is a euphemism for 'will try to kill you if you hit a bump mid corner'. My Abarth was like that. It was a good 20mph slower through corners than it should be simply because you had to allow for it being knocked off course. It had shed loads of grip then zero, then grip again.

The GT86, I am happy to say, is not like that...

I have wondered though whether the ideal setup on British potholes would be closer to rally spec, than the track biased setup most oem manufacturers and modders go for...