Sign in to follow this  

For those who are considering the new Mustang..

If you are considering the new Mustang, this review is great.

Note how they comment on weight, overall size and the big car feel due to the high waistline. Remember, these guys are Canadian, not British with micro tiny car parking spaces and narrow lanes.

Ecoboost lap time was a big surprise for me.. faster than.. watch at around 16:40. You'll be surprised too..

Oddly enough I was looking at the Mustang on the official UK Ford site last night -

the thing I couldn't work out though was whether or not UK models would be right=hand drive

They will be RHD.

Try and get a good long test drive before you buy. I bought a 2008 GT brand new, the novelty soon wore off. It is a big car and feels like it, apparently this one is bigger!!

I've been interested in a test drive for a while, as it is one of those rare cars where the badge really does mean a lot in terms of heart. And while I strongly suspect I will find it far too big given I find the 86 'just right' most of the time, the bigger factor is that I believe that there is already a 1-year UK waiting list!

the bigger factor is that I believe that there is already a 1-year UK waiting list!

Which means there may well be a load of cheap used ones around in a couple of years?? I personally believe people are only buying the name. they can then tell their mates they have a "Muscle car", who, if educated in such things should reply, "No, you have a Pony car".

A strong cheap used market will be awesome for this car, as there is certainly potential to create a little weapon with the right modifications, especially the 2.3L eco boost motor, which I think would be better than the V8 in terms of scope. 

James,

It is easy to improve on the power output of the car, but remember it weighs more than a double decker bus and is similar in the handling department. I fitted Steeda suspension to mine to improve things. It was better, but was so hard it was harsh on the slightest of bumps.

There's no doubt, the American cars are great on smooth open roads. Show em the twisty bits with some bumps and they go all out of shape.

Faith hired one and drove it extensively when she over in the States. Apparently she loved it at first but after a day with it she was done :) So I guess like Nige says, the novelty wears off!

I love Mustangs but I really don't think I'd be able to live with one over the car I have now. I imagine it feels awesome under your right foot but as has been mentioned the size, weight and handling are all major bad points for me. It's just not in tune with what I own a car for.

If I was to have one it'd have to V8 mind...

I don't think that it matters how good the ecoboost might be because it's pointless having a 'stang that hasn't got a V8

- because it doesn't matter how you try and look at it, here in the UK anyway, a 'stang is a toy - and if you're gonna have a toy get a big one.

Given the GT86 plus full Cosworth pack is I think roughly the same sort of price as the Mustang V8 I would really love to see a direct head to head comparison taking in both road and track.