Bobbynog

daft worry over airbags

Hi all,

Need my mind put at rest please,

Had my GT86 for a few weeks now - an ex-dealer demo - so I thought it was fairly safe to assume that any niggles would have been sorted.

But I've got one concern that I can't stop worrying about even though I've talked to the dealer and they say it's OK.

As you know, when you start up, on the display panel below the AC controls there is a display for the on/off condition of the airbags for both passanger and driver -

both come on and then only the passanger side indicator goes out - leaving the driver's airbag display on permanently.

My manual says that the lights should come on (as a self-check) then go out again and (so the manual says) if they don't come on - or don't go off then check with your dealer - as I said - i've checked with my dealer and they say "don't worry"

Should the light stay on? - or should it go off like the one for the passanger side?

Should I worry?

BTW - no problem with the airbag indicators on the main dash and I've checked the settings on the airbag switches by the door hinges.

cheers

It's a warning to say they are on so don't put a baby seat there, at the side of the dash, there is a key switch which will disable the passenger air bag so you can have a baby seat at the front.