Sign in to follow this  
JamesP1991

4.55 Final Drive For Sale - £300 ONO

Right so second post in quick succession.

Now I'm running more power I need to get my brakes sorted as well as some better rubber. So unfortunately that's means my 4.55 FD which was going into the car in N/A form, needs to be sold as I no longer have problems propelling myself!

It is still boxed, brand new and un touched in my room, waiting for a good home. Will dramatically increase acceleration on an N/A car by lowering all 6 gears, lowering your top speed but increasing acceleration.

I am looking for £300 or the nearest sensible offer.

Hit me up with offers guys :)

post-1091-0-91509400-1438627628_thumb.jp

post-1091-0-74350800-1438627660_thumb.jp

I was quoted around 3-4 hours as you have to take the diff out to replace it. My local guy said £140-180 depending on how fast he got through it.

But it all depends on how fast your local tuning place thinks they can crack it out in.

I believe it is a Toyota part from a Lexus IS?? I think the M factory ones are aftermarket parts?

I'll start bidding at £240

It is the Toyota genuine 4.55 FD, which as Nige says comes from their Lexus arm. Box also says Toyota Genuine Parts, so i am assuming Revolution tuning sell it on behalf of Toyota in Japan.

All the parts are still safely in their packaging. Make me an offer GT86 owner and it can be yours tonight!

Are you looking at where it says Toyota Japan only and it doesn't fit U.S. Spec vehicles?

I'd be hugely surprised that a reputable company like Japan parts would sell me that 4.55 FD knowingly that it would not fit European cars without saying anything or emailing me, especially as it is an officially branded Toyota product

If it does not fit I would certainly give you your money back, but I can't imagine there would be any issues.

Are you looking at where it says Toyota Japan only and it doesn't fit U.S. Spec vehicles?

What they mean by Japan only is that it was only listed on Toyota Japan's part catalog. It would be compatible with all cars that come with a 4.1FD, which is almost all of them. It does state that the pinion seal won't fit but I'm sure there's a simple way around this.

However James it's a bad thing to assume that they would let you know if it wouldn't fit. There has always been variance between UKDM/EDM and JDM cars. Luckily on this car most of the decent parts are identical.

Well, I bought it.

I wonder what they mean on the subject of the pinion seal?? Could be the one included in the kit won't fit?

I think its the lip seal on the pinion shaft being a different OD so it won't fit in the bore in the diff casing, should be a cheap part from a Toyota or Subaru dealer if the one supplied doesn't fit.

Well, I bought it.

I wonder what they mean on the subject of the pinion seal?? Could be the one included in the kit won't fit?

Well done mate. Let us know when you get it fitted. I've talked myself into the Mfactory one.

Hey guys, 

Hoping this doesn't get deleted and i get cried at because this is a for sale thread but will try anyhow.

I'm NA at the moment and intend on been for a good few years till i can justify a charger. This thread has caught my eye and i've seen final drive mentioned a few times just not many people taking the plunge by the looks of it.

How much acceleration improvement can be achieved with a different final drive? I know the size varys so if anyone has experience i'd appreciate it.

I mean, the top speed i cannot use anyway (awaiting court at the moment for an immature speed on the motorway).

I've googled to try get some information in regards to finished product (new 0-60 times etc...) but cant really find much information.

Will it put more strain on any of the transmission?

and guessing the engine will rev up quicker?

Very interesting mod that i cant find too much information about them (maybe due to my lack of knowledge on these kind of things).

rgds

Cal

Hey guys, 

Hoping this doesn't get deleted and i get cried at because this is a for sale thread but will try anyhow.

I'm NA at the moment and intend on been for a good few years till i can justify a charger. This thread has caught my eye and i've seen final drive mentioned a few times just not many people taking the plunge by the looks of it.

How much acceleration improvement can be achieved with a different final drive? I know the size varys so if anyone has experience i'd appreciate it.

I mean, the top speed i cannot use anyway (awaiting court at the moment for an immature speed on the motorway).

I've googled to try get some information in regards to finished product (new 0-60 times etc...) but cant really find much information.

Will it put more strain on any of the transmission?

and guessing the engine will rev up quicker?

Very interesting mod that i cant find too much information about them (maybe due to my lack of knowledge on these kind of things).

rgds

Cal

To be honest there are a lot of people on here running different FD's. With regards to 0-60 times I don't to my knowledge know if there are any published anywhere. The acceleration improvement obviously depends on the drive you go for, you need to weigh up practicality though. It will rev quicker and mean that on the motorway you are sitting at say 3500rpm instead of 3000 for example. Fuel economy can be affected but if you're doing sprints in particular it could be a worthwhile investment.

It won't put any more strain on the transmission though, i'm sure someone will be along to correct me shortly :)

I'll leave someone with more knowledge to add to this for you though.