Gringosteve

Wrapping bottom section of rear bumper

Hi

I am thinking of wrapping the unpainted section of the rear bumper in 3d carbon wrap. I haven't attempted wrapping before and wondered if anyone else had tried this section.

The plastic on my car has a slight scuff and figured matt black carbon effect could look better than the OEM grey fake carbon?

Ta

Ste

www.im-tuned.uk

From what little wrapping I've been doing, I'd hate to tackle that, it's guna be a major ballache as it's so low down, get it lifted and it won't be too bad but you might struggle to get a decent edge around the areas between the coloured area and the none coloured area of the bumper as I believe that it's all one piece so you won't be able to wrap around and tuck the wrap away, instead you'll have to try and trim it neatly and hope it doesn't start to lift as dirt etc gets in there. That and you'll have to have a mega clean area to work on and even then it might not adhere very well as the plastic is textured.

Get onto to Phil at tintinit he'll do the wrap for you and you'll get club discount as well for a section that big won't cost much as he only charges you for the cost of material usually so I imagine if you already have the wrap it won't cost you much at all

You mean the diffuser? Sod that, the texture will make it difficult not to even mention the shape

Carbon wrap just looks crap as well in my opinion

I'm with smudge on this one.

Fair enough :)

Are there any diffuser options that slot over that portion of the bumper? I am attempting to avoid having to replace the bumper for such a small scuff, but my OCD side hates seeing even small imperfections

www.im-tuned.uk

Fair enough :)

Are there any diffuser options that slot over that portion of the bumper? I am attempting to avoid having to replace the bumper for such a small scuff, but my OCD side hates seeing even small imperfections

www.im-tuned.uk

Seibon do a carbon rear diffuser that goes over the existing bumper

http://www.carbongoodies.co.uk/Seibon-Toyota-GT86-Subaru-BRZ-OEM-Style-Carbon-Fibre-Rear-Diffuser-Cover

Not cheap though,,,

Just repair the scuff and paint with Halfords Black Plastic Primer, or Citadel black primer from Games Workshop or Hobbycraft.

Wipe down with solvent first and key with 1200 wet and dry.

Much cheaper option!!