Sign in to follow this  
Kristov4

Kristov4's Euro Tour 2015

So Schools out for summer and now into preparing for my epic solo europe tour.

I won't bore you with the details but I do have a question.

Will running the car on 95 Ron fuel for 2500-3000 miles in my Eco map be likely to cause any noticeable issues long term.

Since having the car mapped I have only ever run it on Shell nitro.

Opinions please?

Lauren, looking forward to comparing note on the banks of Lake Garda.

post-288-0-54530000-1437573195_thumb.jpg

There is no need to run on low grade fuel. Super unleaded and Shell etc are available pretty much everywhere. If you dip into Germany IIRC you get up to 102 RON. 

I will be in Lake Garda from the 31st July until the 6th August. Let me know when is good to meet up. If you fancy Sirmione for dinner etc, you're welcome, also you're welcome to spend a day out or two if you want not to be on your own. We're meeting up with a fellow petrolhead and close friend of ours which is Indy's favourite Uncle! 

He doesn't drink so will drive us around for the time we're there. Let me know where you're staying in Lake Garda and we could even come to you. :)

If you do have to run on lower octane fuel then the ECU adapts, the Eco mode most tuners use is pretty much the stock map anyway. As others have said, 98 RON is more available in Europe and is of much better quality than our 97 and almost on a par with our 99. If you stick to the big brands then your golden: Shell / Total (France) / Agip / Repsol (Spain) / BP / Esso