smiley1.gifAfter 40000Km and 5 trackdays I said goodbye to my stock tires. The reason? Not the ware because they could run perhaps for more 15000-20000Km. I fitted one HKS SC V2 and felt I should improve grip. I fitted Michelin Pilot super sport 215/45 R17 in my stock wheels. Fantastic tires, smoother and quieter ride and lots and lots of grip. Better looking too. The same size of the stock Michelin's but looking larger on the wheels!!

20150706_095803.jpg

They not just 'look' wider, MPSS thread patch IS much wider then that of Primacies'. +Different rubber compound, and you get much grippier tyres even on seemingly same 'stock' mounting size. Just that they will wear out a bit sooner then stock ones i guess. Pitty though i don't see this size of MPSS selling here in Latvia, as it and it's grip level seems optimum for this car if staying NA. I sometimes wonder, how Michelin choses which sizes it will sell at which markets.

These tires are not at normal sell in Portugal. I had to ask a friend to import from spain. They are made at Michelin's USA factory. They give a impressive confort ride (it seems that the bumpy GT86 in bad streets gives place to a civilized sport machine. It makes the suspension feel better than I thought. They are very grippie, nice for SC setting but I think, too much to NA.

Hmm, yes, i knew that this size mostly is sold in US. But now i'm going to try looking up some spanish online tyre shops too for these :)

As for 'too grippy' .. yes, car might be less tail-happy, less easy to loose (intentionally :)) grip, but imho when one has burned through first set of stock primacies, then one is usually more familiar with specifics of this car handling, to be able to compensate more grip while still being able to induce oversteer if wished. I don't think that going even wider would be good though, at least while staying NA.