Willtl

Potential BRZ owner

'Never say never' but I don't intend to sell the car. If that was more the line of thought I'd pick up one that's got a few thousand miles or so on it and the hit in depreciation has more or less been soaked up.

Fair point though. I know it's not as long as Willtl's but the wait already feels like a lifetime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

'Never say never' but I don't intend to sell the car. If that was more the line of thought I'd pick up one that's got a few thousand miles or so on it and the hit in depreciation has more or less been soaked up.

Fair point though. I know it's not as long as Willtl's but the wait already feels like a lifetime.

I don't think you will lose much at resale, but you will only enjoy having the current "new plate" for a few weeks before you are trumped by the 65 plate. If this is your first new car may as well make the most of it being new!

I don't think you will lose much at resale, but you will only enjoy having the current "new plate" for a few weeks before you are trumped by the 65 plate. If this is your first new car may as well make the most of it being new!

I was loving the 15 plate (picked up late March) but I only lasted 2/3 months before I was too excited to get a private reg on lol

I bought my car on the 1st Feb 2013. I could have waited a month and got a 13 plate instead of a 62 plate. I weighed it up and thought about it, then decided I didn't care that much about having a new plate the moment it came out and preferred to pick up the car sooner. 

I was loving the 15 plate (picked up late March) but I only lasted 2/3 months before I was too excited to get a private reg on lol

I already have a private plate and still deciding whether to get it on the car from new or enjoy the 65 plate until Feb 2016 first. My current thoughts are to stick with the 65 plate. :P

I'm sort of with Lauren on this. For myself and my group of friends the plate of a car has never been much of a big deal and it's not really been a factor when I've bought my cars. Sort of the reason why I had to ask about the difference between 15 and 65 here.

I've got a private plate on my current car that also has 15 as a coincidence. Hope to get another plate that has J15 but is less specific to the car.

Got a private plate on it (as it was an anniversary present for my previous car) but bought it in August 2012 on a 12 plate and the thought of waiting so it would have been registered on a 62 never crossed my mind, just wanted it as soon as possible to drive it.

The idea of torturing yourself by deliberately making yourself wait seems bonkers to me :unsure: