Willtl

Potential BRZ owner

In Grays, near the Dartford Crossing. I really need to go back for a 2nd test drive because there are a few things I want to check from the driver's perspective.

That's not too far then :) On a longer second drive you'll have more time to exploit the car and see how it performs, what kind of things are you looking to pinpoint on a 2nd drive then?

Easy to reduce the noise in the car by blocking the sound generator

It is deliberately light

Personally I think it is a second car. I don't think I could have it as my only car

Personally I think it is a second car. I don't think I could have it as my only car

Definitely not our only car. I have 2 teenagers and they would not appreciate sitting with legs around their necks! This is actually going to be (if I get it) a decadent 3rd car.

Mainly comfort level and how loud the engine is at higher speeds in the higher gears. Noise may or may not be an issue for my aging hearing!

Depends how 'high speed' you mean, but 6th gear is actually quite high, so at legal motorway speeds engine noise is low and economy surprisingly good also. On the motorway road noise is the dominant factor. It's not bad for the type of car, but it's not exec car standard.

There's nothing to stop you putting in extra soundproofing though. Plenty have done, usually cause they're spending £s on a fancy hifi....

One thing to note too, the stock primacy tyres, due to their low rolling resistance nature are quite loud when it comes to road noise, so I have been told any way, as I still have them fitted and haven't yet switched to alternative rubber. So that could be a factor too :) 

BRZ ordered. Gone for WR Blue Pearl, the LUX (leather edition) and optional extras of rear parking sensors, side fin blades and mats. Could be some time until I get it though, expected December.

BRZ ordered. Gone for WR Blue Pearl, the LUX (leather edition) and optional extras of rear parking sensors, side fin blades and mats. Could be some time until I get it though, expected December.

Well, it's got to be blue if you go for the Subaru, hasn't it? :-)

Now stick something on the calendar so you don't forget you've bought it...

Get yourself on car wow and get a brand new car for 20k. No brainer really!

I did go on there, you won't get the LUX model in WR Blue for £20k. Try it and see what it comes back with....

MY2016 model is already out. I think it's just the usual long wait from Subaru. I wonder if they only build to order rather than shipping a load to the UK that are here ready like Toyota do?

No, they aren't built to order, seems like they have a planned production run that will become available to the UK. The dealership told me yesterday that there are only 3 BRZs available to the whole of the UK network with an expected delivery in December. A blue LUX, a white SE and a black model (can't remember the spec). He also said that Subaru are reducing the colour options. Fortunately I'd finally decided on the Blue LUX so I didn't have to compromise on choice. Subaru are making it very difficult for the UK dealers, the test car I drove was actually a model they were trying to sell. I'd arranged a 2nd test drive for Tuesday but they called me yesterday to say the car had been sold but they would have another vehicle I could test drive in 3 weeks. This wasn't going to be any good for me because I'd be on holiday then so the dealer has agreed a price with me and taken a deposit for the car (so he can reserve it in the system) on the understanding that if I am not happy with the 2nd test drive they will refund the deposit.

There were two black SE models left in the UK as of the 10th of July. Until I ordered one of them ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What date have you been given for delivery?

Around the 1st of August but I am away then so I agreed to collect it on the 12th of August. It's already in the UK but was at a dealer in Wales. They managed to get hold of it for me and it'll be registered when it arrives at the dealer near me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk