Sign in to follow this  

Van opinions please

I'm looking at buying a van for towing the GT86 and for days out. I intend to fit a bed, sink and fridge to make it a mini camper..

Is there anyone here in the know that has an opinion on which panel van currently available is the best all round?

I'm steering towards new Vivaro or Transit Custom.

Have you considered a motorhome, can put you in touch with somebody who has a lot of experience using and selling them along side motorsport.

Thanks for the tips guys..

I do like the T5's, but they're just so "Trendy" at the moment, and that puts me off, along with the price.

I have looked at the Master, but have been told they suffer serious engine issues?? I am also a little restricted on size as my drive will only allow me to park something about 4.5M long really. I have large wooden gates leading into my yard, but don't fancy the hassle of opening and closing them every time I want to take it out.

Motorhomes are far too big for what I want thanks Kev.

we've had 2 generations of the master, currently got the latest one and not had any serious engine issues, the only common issue on them is their gearboxes at about 150k miles so either get one thats got a lot more to go before 150k miles or get one that's had the gearbox done

Having had both of these I would highly recommend the new transit custom loads of space in the back big enough towing capacity parts arnt too expensive the vivaro is lacking in stuff its just not as nice to drive

Having had both of these I would highly recommend the new transit custom loads of space in the back big enough towing capacity parts arnt too expensive the vivaro is lacking in stuff its just not as nice to drive

Are you referring to the new Vivaro here Adam, apparently it's loads  better than the original, and has two Turbo's!!

Are you referring to the new Vivaro here Adam, apparently it's loads  better than the original, and has two Turbo's!!

yea reference is too the new one it is good but I would go out and buy a transit again no quibble

Thanks Adam, your experienced opinion means a lot!!

I will have to drive both of em.. but.. my local Vauxhall dealer is doing 5 years 0% and has the screen price on the Vivaro's about £4k below retail!!

I guess you have to ask, "why".....???

My local dealer has offered me £11000 off a new Vivaro!! Yes £11000!!!!

I think I might get a new Vivaro.

Would they like to do another one at that price?

How many do you want Rob? I'll ask him.

He's offered me a spec which retails at £23500 ish +vat for £14450+vat. What a deal!!!

Just the one xD

If your serious Rob, let me know the spec. I'll get you a price by the weekend.

Thanks for all your advice guys. I ended up buying a new Vivaro in Met Grey with glazed tailgate, towbar, twin glazed sliding doors and captains chairs, in the sportive model. It even has DAB radio stock!!

One downside though... delivery is 30/11/2015!! You'd think with the discount they gave me they couldn't sell em???

Thanks for all your advice guys. I ended up buying a new Vivaro in Met Grey with glazed tailgate, towbar, twin glazed sliding doors and captains chairs, in the sportive model. It even has DAB radio stock!!

One downside though... delivery is 30/11/2015!! You'd think with the discount they gave me they couldn't sell em???

You genuinely got the discount then? I was interested, didn't see your message though!

Yeah, I got the discount, but not quite the £11K I thought I had. The van quoted wasn't a sportive model, which is nearly £2k cheaper.