Mike

Brake pad options

But even so, 17K is nothing for stock pads. I did nigh on 40K and there was still pad left. 

Progressively increasing your braking force is the way to do it. Stamping on the brakes when you come to the corner is not the way to do it!

It's just one of the many reasons Lauren is a better driver than me  :lol: 

But seriously though it was what I was taught to do on the CarLimits day I did, bang em on hard then gradually release them, but maybe I just didn't get what he meant

Gentle increased application also helps balance the car,I quite often left foot brake for that reason. But too many opinions for analysis, so just develop your own style that feels right.

left foot braking for me is on/off when in a real car, yet no problems with steering wheel and pedals on a video game

left foot braking for me is on/off when in a real car, yet no problems with steering wheel and pedals on a video game

Exactly the same for me... my left foot is going no where near a brake pedal in a real car :D

I did that when my wife bought her automatic Galaxy, rather than the manual Avensis Verso we used to have.

Got to the end of the road and went to push the clutch in and nearly went through the windscreen !

After that I just plant my left foot firmly on the footrest whenever I get in the thing and leave it there

But seriously though it was what I was taught to do on the CarLimits day I did, bang em on hard then gradually release them, but maybe I just didn't get what he meant

I think more likely they are just teaching basic technique. There's a lot more to learn when it comes to braking than that of course. As Whizzo said, 'squeeze the toothpaste and all that'. ;)

How obvious would the compound be on the discs? They look like they have always done to me, not that I've actually looked at them much! Mike-p looked at them and said they looked clean and so did Rich...

I did indeed!

You need to apply more pressure at higher speeds to lock up that is true. So you have to gradually release the brakes to stay on the threshold of grip.

In other news. Project Mu HC+ 800 sare not looking great after another trackday:

After first track day:

post-299-0-39968400-1433931795_thumb.jpe

After second trackday:

post-299-0-52644100-1433931850_thumb.jpg

Would be okay if it wasnt for the eneven wear.

I think I will try clubracers next.