It can't really do per cylinder logging in any decent form though. With only 1 O2 sensor you can only log the AFR of half of the cylinders or the whole 4 depending on the manifold setup. We can't see individual knock per cylinder, something that can't be done currently on the FA20, but is available on the FA20DIT. I've been in touch with ECUtek about this, they don't know and the open source guys have had no more success either. It must be a parameter on the ROM/RA somewhere for the FLKC and FBKC to be functional. My guess is that the D4S means that Bosch have created a different ECU to the Subaru norm.

Per cylinder timing is only available to Master Tuners and I've not seen actual per cylinder fuel maps, which must exist, except for ECUtek's custom cylinder fuel trims. Neither can really be mapped properly without decent time spent with det cans and a lambda sensor in each port.

Having seen how the Motec runs the FA20, it's without doubt a far superior setup. Live data and tuning is awesome.

Many thanks for this detailed response, it answers the questions I had.

EcuTek is not in the same league as a Motec Tim. But for what we are doing it does a fine job.

Cut down on what your logging helps on logging response.

Real pain is no live logging. Racerom feature works well thou.

Think there maybe a M1 on my desk sometime soon for our GT86.

EcuTek is not in the same league as a Motec Tim. But for what we are doing isn't does a fine job.

Cut down on what your logging helps on logging response.

Real pain is no live logging. Racerom feature works well thou.

Think there maybe a M1 on my desk sometime soon for our GT86.

I agree for the cost it's fantastic.  I was just curious what it could do as I keep hearing conflicting information.  I spoke to Merv some time ago about being a master tuner as even on the GT-R it's not easy to sell Motec.

If you need a price let me know ;)

I agree for the cost it's fantastic.  I was just curious what it could do as I keep hearing conflicting information.  I spoke to Merv some time ago about being a master tuner as even on the GT-R it's not easy to sell Motec.

How much is it Tim??

How much is it Tim??

Retail is £2,705+vat for ecu with GT86 package and wiring subharness to Motec ecu.  You can add other features and hardware on top depending on what you want from it.

Okay will do Tim, I have found away around the issue caused by not being able to live log thou....;-)

excuse my ignorance but what system does not do live logging? ECUtek does live logging right? while the engine is running you can "Map Access" and see the values change in real time and log them correct? Or am i missing something here?... 

excuse my ignorance but what system does not do live logging? ECUtek does live logging right? while the engine is running you can "Map Access" and see the values change in real time and log them correct? Or am i missing something here?... 

They probably mean Live Map. 

The Motec allows you change the map on the fly whilst driving the car. And the values are isntantly reflected in the map.

With Ecutek you have to stop, flash the rom with the new map. Go for a drive. Stop adjust the map, reflash etc etc.....

Look at the screenshot of the Motec, you can setup the screen to view info in chart and numerical values in real time. Yes you can watch the ECUtek parameters but it's not the same. To really see anything you have to stop the log and then review it. I suppose that live logging isn't the correct term, however it's the ability to live tune with instant data that's the difference. The refresh rate of the data from a Motec or similar beasts ECUtek too. I can't get over 13Hz constantly on mine even using USB3.

Look at the screenshot of the Motec, you can setup the screen to view info in chart and numerical values in real time. Yes you can watch the ECUtek parameters but it's not the same. To really see anything you have to stop the log and then review it. I suppose that live logging isn't the correct term, however it's the ability to live tune with instant data that's the difference. The refresh rate of the data from a Motec or similar beasts ECUtek too. I can't get over 13Hz constantly on mine even using USB3.

Yes the M1 software works kind of like the logging software from Motec as well as the ecu manager of old at the same time.  You can setup a live display with any parameters on it and it displays live scrolling feed.  You can pause that feed, zoom in/out, pan around, basically same stuff as i2 logging analysis (which is the screen shot i showed).  What that means is I can sit in a car with a customer live mapping and quickly look at very fine details of exactly what just happened and make adjustments.  I can change throttle translation for example in seconds live and the customer can test the change.  Makes tuning very fast.

That 13Hz is that the best overall rate you see?  If so is that dependant on channels being viewed live - ie. does viewing more channels slow each ones rate down?

That 13Hz is that the best overall rate you see?  If so is that dependant on channels being viewed live - ie. does viewing more channels slow each ones rate down?

I generally see 10-12Hz consistently with what I log, usually at the upper end. I guess it must depend on the ECU, I don't know what the GTR is like. I believe it's not so much how much you log but what, I read somewhere that ECUtek based logging parameters don't slow it down, but standard OBD & SSM ones do. Whether that is true or not I don't know.

Flashing speeds differ massively between USB2 and USB3, however recently I noted that logging resolution doesn't seem affected at all. I know that the guys using OP2 cables in the open source realm see much better logging resolution than I can with ECUtek, reportedly 20-25Hz+.