Sign in to follow this  

Ecutek upload/download.

OK, I have a turbo map, done by Adrian in the ECU of my Daily driver, which now has a bone stock engine in it..

Adrian has said he'll send me a stock map when I need it. This is all new to me.

I have the Ecutek lead and license, and have even bought a brand new laptop for the job. The license is for my project car, apparently the daily driver already has a license.

Can someone please give me instructions on what I will have to do when I receive the map. I would like to upload the current map into my PC if possible ?

Thanks in advance for all the help I'm gonna get on this.. this forum is great at answering questions like this for thicko's like me..

I guess I'm your man on this one, seeing as I'm using ECUtek fairly regularly.

Go here:

http://www.ecutek.com/Support/Downloads

Install and follow the instructions, it will tell you when to plug in your cable and dongle etc.

One it's done,just open the ProECU app. If you do an update then it will download all the extras, like the stock maps and the RaceROM patches. These can be edited by you if you like, if you want to have a play.

You can then open the tune when Adrian sends it to you although, depending on if it's locked, you may only see the logging screen rather than access to the whole ROM.

The ECUtek help menu has a whole load of pdf help files. There's one in there showing you how to flash the car, it's really simple. Basically, when connected to the ECU, click:

Tools > Detect Vehicle > Programme ECU

If you have a license added to your dongle by Adrian, this will automatically flash to the ECU the 1st time you write to it. The car needs to be on the ignition on (2 button pushes) for the ECU to be powered to be detected and flash.

I guess I'm your man on this one, seeing as I'm using ECUtek fairly regularly.

Go here:

http://www.ecutek.com/Support/Downloads

Install and follow the instructions, it will tell you when to plug in your cable and dongle etc.

One it's done,just open the ProECU app. If you do an update then it will download all the extras, like the stock maps and the RaceROM patches. These can be edited by you if you like, if you want to have a play.

You can then open the tune when Adrian sends it to you although, depending on if it's locked, you may only see the logging screen rather than access to the whole ROM.

The ECUtek help menu has a whole load of pdf help files. There's one in there showing you how to flash the car, it's really simple. Basically, when connected to the ECU, click:

Tools > Detect Vehicle > Programme ECU

If you have a license added to your dongle by Adrian, this will automatically flash to the ECU the 1st time you write to it. The car needs to be on the ignition on (2 button pushes) for the ECU to be powered to be detected and flash.

Thanks very much for this..

Are you saying that the ECU site will already have a stock map on it? If so, happy days, we're flying!!

As far as licenses go, I have been told by Adrian that the car i have, (Steve's), already has a license, so it will let me in..  I have a new unused license for my car. I don't want to risk losing it or using it on Steve's car. 

This is the equipment I have...  http://www.fensport.co.uk/Parts/Model_108/Category_14/4413 I don't have the racerom...yet.

Thanks for all the help here.. i really am scared and nervous of all this..

What Steve said, it's not too difficult :)

Oh yes it is Rob... when you're old, bald and stupid :D

Thanks very much for this..

Are you saying that the ECU site will already have a stock map on it? If so, happy days, we're flying!!

As far as licenses go, I have been told by Adrian that the car i have, (Steve's), already has a license, so it will let me in..  I have a new unused license for my car. I don't want to risk losing it or using it on Steve's car. 

This is the equipment I have...  http://www.fensport.co.uk/Parts/Model_108/Category_14/4413 I don't have the racerom...yet.

Thanks for all the help here.. i really am scared and nervous of all this..

Nigel, there's very little you'll gain by going the RaceROM upgrade to start off with, it's just custom map access and being able to tune modes 2/3/4. However, I'm always happy to help with that ;)

ProECU should know that if you're flashing an ECU with a license attached it won't use up the license, it usually states in the dialogue box that no license will be consumed. However on the virgin ECU it will state that the license will be used up.

The stock ROMs and patches are downloaded automatically to the C:/ECUtek folder. I can't remember if it does it on the original setup or whether you need to run the update. You should regularly update the software anyway.

Latest ROMs to use for our region on a manual are ZA1JA01G or ZA1JA02G. I run the latter in case there are any fixes implemented.

If you want to talk tuning, I suggest that you take a trip over too the US forum where I'm quite active. You can open the OFT OTS maps with ECUtek so you can compare/try them out. For what it's worth, I think it's worth getting hold of Romraider as you have access to far more of the tables than ECUtek gives us end users and you can compare and save ROMs in that and then open them in ECUtek to complete and flash to the car.

It's stock, you won't need to :) You can revert back if that's what you're asking

It's not Stock Rob, that's my whole issue here.. it is a 350hp turbo map running boost, 550 injectors, post turbo maf and a 3 bar map sensor.

It's not Stock Rob, that's my whole issue here.. it is a 350hp turbo map running boost, 550 injectors, post turbo maf and a 3 bar map sensor.

I see, sorry ithought we was taking about your stock car. But Adrian mapped it so should have that map for you I imagine

I see, sorry ithought we was taking about your stock car. But Adrian mapped it so should have that map for you I imagine

No way Rob, that ECU wont be seeing any power for quite a while yet.. I wish I could just put that ECU in Steve's car and have done with it, but no, electronics prevents that happening!!

Thanks to all the advice from Knightryder, I have managed to get the stock map into the Ecu. It does however say it's an Australian manual 2wd?? This has made no difference to the running of the car whatsoever. It will barely run and pops back through the air box. If it was s conventional old car, I'd check the firing order, that's ehat it sounds like??

It will barely Rev at all and struggles to reach 1500 rpm!! I wonder if I have the timing chain on right??? I'm sure I have??

It does sound like the timing is out Nige...

Any pictures of how you set the timing, the one on the daily driver build thread looks to have been turned after setting so can't even try and judge off that... the VVT's also look to have a fair few different grooves and markings on them, some for timing, others just for identification/differentiation between the exhaust/intake (if the advance angles differ between the two :huh:), are you 100% the coloured links are lined up to the correct marks? If not I'd be checking again...

You put on the ZA1JA02G file then, it's the last compatible file for our ECUs. Most are running the A01G. I have a feeling the 2 is noted as Australian as it was the only market it was discovered in that I'm aware of.

You put on the ZA1JA02G file then, it's the last compatible file for our ECUs. Most are running the A01G. I have a feeling the 2 is noted as Australian as it was the only market it was discovered in that I'm aware of.

Yep, thanks to you for your help and advice.

As for the non running, I think i may have made a fundamental silly mistake during setting up the cam timing?  Lets just say the engine is coming out again tonight/tomorrow!! I know this could be done with the engine in situ, but I'd rather do it at waist height..