Omer86

Car Meet in Nevada

For those of you who do not know I have recently spent 11 days in Los Angeles and Las Vegas. Since this was the second trip some friends and I were taking, we wanted to see some FRS and BRZ models whilst out there as well as visiting some mod shops etc. The Scion FRS sells far more then the GT86 but all things considered still has the rare factor all our cars posses. So long(er) story short I found out via Facebook there was a meet in Vegas on the Friday we arrived there.

We went along and as you can imagine everyone was very nice and welcoming and very interested in our cars and how we do things over here! So out came my camera roll to share pictures from events and some of the cars we have from the group. The only thing I will say is these photos are not my fault! For the life of me I have no idea why they chose the least lit part of a very big car park!

Without further ado...

http://s375.photobucket.com/user/omershafiq1/library

I would have liked to talk through some of them like the wheels being fitted from the Subaru Outback for off road rallying in Nevada but I could only upload via the third party due to having so many pictures.

One thing I found very interesting was the sheer number of meets. There are two a week in Vegas and three in Los Angeles which are said to be bigger. We met people visiting from other States like Arizona and they too so between 2-3 meets a week. Vegas (for anyone ever going) do a cruise every Wednesday and meet every Friday like the one I attended.

Some bullet point worthy info;

• White and Silver most popular colours
  • Red is rare
  • Ginger is unheard of (whoops!)
  • BRZ are more rare then the FRS so actually making them more in demand
  • BRZ have a blue series which is very nice in my opinion
  • FRS have a 10 Series in a (interesting) Silver Ignition colour and have 10,000 of these
  • FRS also now have 2,500 RS 1.0 like the one i was lucky enough to see

And im sure if im forgetting something Awais will remind me :) Sorry for grammer and punctuation mistakes!

Interesting to see, there's always the US idea of mods, which I think differs from Japan. Not sure about those headlights that change colours! Notice they have logos that say, 'eighty-six' where it should say, 'eight-six' as the way to pronounce it. But, yes, not surprised there. 

I love seeing the different approaches the guys over there take! Some of the money they pump into their cars is beyond belief! That silver one with the red headlights does look rather nice though, doubt it is legal in the UK to do that though lol!

I wonder if they have more meets purely because the number of cars out there albeit still rare far outnumbers us in the UK.

That is awesome stuff Omer, bet you were missing your car when you were out there.

Did you managed to get a good look at the TRD yellow in different lighting? How does it compare to the Gialo yellow here in the UK? Also, the fella with the 57FXX wheels, any ideas on the size of the wheel and + tyre size etc?