Nigel's Daily Driver.

What a cracking thread and no idea how I missed this. 

cheers for sharing 

Thanks mate, it's not much of a mod thread, but I tried to make it pretty educational..

Edited by Nigelr32

The "old" MI20 has solid top mounts.

Yes indeed I just meant that to compliment the MP20 which has soft springs and no top mounts, they have the new MI20 with the firmer springs and solid topmounts.

I'd have the old kit if I could still get it. I'm not sticking the the spring rate of either of the MI20 kits anyway.

Have you had the chance to play with damper settings?

Yes indeed I just meant that to compliment the MP20 which has soft springs and no top mounts, they have the new MI20 with the firmer springs and solid topmounts.

I'd have the old kit if I could still get it. I'm not sticking the the spring rate of either of the MI20 kits anyway.

Have you had the chance to play with damper settings?

I have tried 10 clicks and 15 clicks. 15 is nicer for the road. I'm waiting for the springs to settle, then I'll adjust for my desired ride height and then get it all dialled in.

Make sure you inspect your kit as soon as it arrives. Ohlins packaging is bloody awful!!

Thanks mate, it's not much of a mod thread, but I tried to make it pretty educational..

Having built a engine up and a car car in the past with the help of my brother in law  and loving all things mechanical it was for me better than lobbing mods onto a car.

Can't beat learning how things go together.  

Just a question. U went to Avonmouth center. Are you local or had to travel. I only ask as I'm between Bristol and bath myself 

I'm pleased to say this is no longer my daily driver. I fear the two mile drive each way to work twice a day, (four journeys) is going to ruin it, especially as the weather gets colder.

So... I went out last weekend and bought myself a new Fiat Panda!! bottom of the range and on offer at £5400!! So, Wrighty can now sit on the drive and enjoy longer drives at the weekends. He might even get a bit more modified.

10 minutes ago, Lauren said:

Shame there's no Panda 100hp equivalent anymore though. That was the one really. 

Been there done that... Fantastic little car!!

31 minutes ago, Nicebiscuit said:

Seriously - brand new for £5400? What a bargain. Great little cars...

Yep, brand new-pre-reg.. so not really new, but with 3 miles on the clock and registered on 31/10/15 its new enough for me.

12 minutes ago, Nigelr32 said:

Yep, brand new-pre-reg.. so not really new, but with 3 miles on the clock and registered on 31/10/15 its new enough for me.

Just don't get used to putting your foot flat to the floor to go anywhere. Might give you a bit of shock when you get into one of the 86's :lol:

Ah no the basic Italian cars are the ones to have. Driven in the Italian style - foot flat to floor at all times, one arm on the windowsill and the other hand on the horn.

They can get from a to b quite quickly assuming you avoid using the brakes at any time. Italian brake pads should last the lifetime of the car...

1 hour ago, chillismoke said:

2 miles! Should have bought a bicycle

When I was 9, in 1972 I was  dragged off my bike by a flatbed truck and ripped half my right knee apart. Then, not too long after, and I'm talking weeks, my 12 yr old Sister was killed on her bike.. hence I do not allow myself a bike as my mother worries like crazy every time I even hint at it. Yep, I'm 52 but she still would not like it. Why put her through that stress??

On top of this I come home from lunch every day to see Jess, so a bike would be impractical for that.

1 hour ago, Nicebiscuit said:

Ah no the basic Italian cars are the ones to have. Driven in the Italian style - foot flat to floor at all times, one arm on the windowsill and the other hand on the horn.

They can get from a to b quite quickly assuming you avoid using the brakes at any time. Italian brake pads should last the lifetime of the car...

Just one issue... Panda's and 500's are not Italian.. they're Polish.