Alarm problems

I thought I'd start a new thread on this one as people may not see it in the interior refitting thread??

OK, I have fitted the interior out of my Gt86 project car into another GT86 today. I reconnected the battery to check all the radio and other bits function OK. I also fitted some of the newer parts to the dash as they wont be used in my project car.

I have found that I cannot switch the ignition off and even if I disconnect the battery, when reconnected the ignition is on.

One thing I did realise too late was that I'd fitted the start button panel out of my project car, which has a sensor on it which reads the entry key fob. I realised too late, and feel that this is probably the issue I have here?

I have refitted the original sensor and start button. Can anyone please help with how I can reset the alarm.

When I shut the car door the alarm beeps three times. The buttons on the fob do nothing. The green key light flashes on the dash and goes intermittent with the red light below it when I get out of the car?

All help will be greatly appreciated as I would like to have the car sorted before the engine goes back in it.

Maybe a long shot but with your cars manual, you should have a separate sheet specific to the cars alarm system. You should have a code of some sort to reset the alarm system maybe using the keypad in the glove box.....complete guess as I didn't actually read mine so not sure what's on that piece of paper.

Thanks Keith. I'll give it a go tomorrow.

I think I must have confused it somehow. I was thinking, if the sensor was wrong it wouldn't have let me turn the ignition on?

Well,

I have had a little play with the car this evening, and was amazed to find that when I reconnected the battery, the ignition had stayed on. I have since read in the handbook that the start stop button remembers where it was when last connected.

Update.. If I leave the car alone for an hour, it turns itself off and the remote works as normal. If I turn the ignition on again, it stays on and cant be turned off. Oh yeah, I've removed the radio now, so it isn't that causing the problem??

As Lauren mentioned in another thread, I wonder if it's looking for the engine signals??

:S this is a confusing one so what specifically have you changed? 

Best you treat this like diagnosing a computer tbh, swap out bits and pieces until you find the rogue part! But if you have a list of everything you replaced from your newer car in to Steve's we may have something to go on.

:S this is a confusing one so what specifically have you changed? 

Best you treat this like diagnosing a computer tbh, swap out bits and pieces until you find the rogue part! But if you have a list of everything you replaced from your newer car in to Steve's we may have something to go on.

Literally all I have done is remove the Tein system, taped up any bare wires, repaired the hacked about speaker wires and that's it. As for fitting newer parts, it's just the radio. I've experimented with the two stop start buttons...It is very strange, I'm sure I put the ignition on before??

We'll just have to wait and see what happens when there's an engine in it??

Just to close this one off, fitting an engine to your car actually makes all the electronics function as intended by the manufacturer.. what a novel idea!!! :huh: :huh: