GT86Jay

Warranty Battery Replacement

I know there's a few people on here that are having battery problems and batteries going flat after a few days of no use. 

I recently started getting the problem and took it to my dealer. They carried out a test and installed a new battery free of charge. 

Mileage isn't an issue. They just do a test, if the battery doesn't hold the correct amps/second then they replace it. 

Even better is they're now fitting 65ah batteries. 
So if you've got audio equipment or more drain than usual. Go to the dealer. Free 65ah battery! 

My dealer said anyone with a complaint about the battery will probably just get one because they've had a lot of complaints and Toyota now state the GT86 should have a 65ah battery. 

Fixed all my problems. Left it a week and start perfectly! 

It's pretty much question free, I got the impression they knew the batteries on them were a problem. 

Soon as I said GT86, battery, 2 years. He pretty much said 'we'll order in a new battery'. 

They done the tests. Didn't ask mileage, how much its driven or distances etc. Just replaced it. 

But they're also fitting 65ah batteries. (Not sure if that's just my dealer or global?) But if you cna ask for the 65ah one. 

Been so much better since fitting! Didn't realise how poor my old one was. Even when it did start. 

Just about the same with mine. Tried over the phone to say no problem then as soon as I went in changed it for a new one. So definitely a known problem.

Rod

Mine goes in on Friday as battery needs jumped weekly, Steven Eagell want to collect and deliver back, as no call in appointments, not happy about this as don't even let my wife drive my vehicles.

Sorry for the topic renewal. 

I went to start our 86 this morning and I would not start, The dash lit up but nothing from the engine. 

I have put this down to many short trips and not a huge amount of use lately. 

I was under the impression most new cars have a alternator that will quick charge a battery even on short trips. I only heard this a little while ago from my BIL. 

So I'll be keeping a eye on this. it's the first time this has happened in over a year of owning the car. 

Glad I have a booster pack in the garage I always keep topped up. So getting this and fitting to the car it started up first time..

Just so you know, all cars have had alternators since the 1960's. Before that it was a dynamo. If your trip is not long enough, then you could experience battery drain over time. Short trips less than five minutes could prove an issue if that's all you do. 

Remal, yes the alternator will charge but probably not as quickly as you think as it is a trickle charger and there are a lot of variables - the revs, what other drains are on at the time (lights, radio, A/C etc.), but the main thing here is that the biggest drain is the ignition itself, which is what the real battery killer is when doing a lot of short trips. I use my trusty CTEK MXS 5.0 charger every couple of months to check and keep my battery charged and would recommend it.

I have 2 optimates but these are now built into the garage as they are used for the kit car and bike. 

Seems little use has drained the battery so a good run is needed. I have a Snap on battery tester and load tester to check the battery while on and during start up

Cheers all the for feedback ;)

Well  it's been used more than just a few miles to work and needed another jump this morning. So going to call my dealer and get them to look at it 

Well just got back. Explained the issue. That it has been used but left Friday until Monday when I went to use it but dead. They did checks and told me it was faulty and strange that I now have a 65ah battery fitted 

but now sorted