Sign in to follow this  
Lauren

New pressure washer Nilfisk C120 6-6

Reason for buying is that our ancient one split over the winter due to ice damage on the lance. It was a cheap £50 one we've had ten years so about time for a replacement. 

I'm no GJOB'er but I don't let a brush anywhere near my car and I don't let anyone hand wash it, so if I've got to do it myself I want something that does the job. I may try the snow foam stuff in the detergent bottle as my old one didn't have that. But it's my understanding that it doesn't really speed up the washing process, though a friend suggested putting the snow foam on and using the mitt on that, then rinsing to save time, so I might try that. 

My car is multicoloured from various repairs and the paintwork is rough for the mileage I do. Not that much I can do about it really and I severely lack patience when it comes to cleaning. 

It should be arriving tomorrow, may get a chance to try it out next weekend. 

One thing I wondered, is what snow foam to get? No idea if the Halfords 5 litre one is any good, or do you just use a concentrate and top up with water? I've no idea about it as I've not used it before. 

I have the same washer and use this foam lance:

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/washing-and-drying/foam-pre-wash/cyc-snow-foam-lance/prod_1296.html

And this snow foam, although since I bought 5L a couple of years ago There might be better products available. But it's always done the job for me, hope this helps.

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/washing-and-drying/foam-pre-wash/bilt-hamber-auto-foam/prod_1165.html

And I mix it as the bottle says too.

Lauren the bottle it comes with doesnt really foam up as its ment too I have the same nilfisk auto finesse avalanche is the best snow foam I have usef about an inch of concentrate in the bottle and top up with hot water

I wouldnt advise using a mitt on the snowfoam, it's there for a prewash to remove grit and such. Good choice in washer though. You won't be dissappointed! As Adam said, you will need a foam Lance, it wont foam up as required otherwise.

Snow foam wise, they are all a bit much of a muchness. Just get a ph neutral one if you want to keep your sealant on the car.

Lauren the bottle it comes with doesnt really foam up as its ment too I have the same nilfisk auto finesse avalanche is the best snow foam I have usef about an inch of concentrate in the bottle and top up with hot water

I think this is where I'm going wrong with mine, I used to just fill up the bottle full of the concentrate and let the water from the jet do the mixing, wasn't aware it had to be mixed in the bottle

I think this is where I'm going wrong with mine, I used to just fill up the bottle full of the concentrate and let the water from the jet do the mixing, wasn't aware it had to be mixed in the bottle

It works both way really but you will get more foam with mixing it in the bottle, plus it also means you use less product

Okay just got a chance to try it with that snowfoam bottle that AJ recommended. How much foam? Well as you can see absolutely tons of it. Very impressive. It did help loosen the dirt too and after I'd rinsed it, going round with a mitt was an easy job indeed. :)

16602073985_7476133562_z.jpgIMG

_3656 by Lauren Blighton, on Flickr

16416235059_912e7fc3c4_z.jpgIMG_3658 by Lauren Blighton, on Flickr

And the uber snow foam bottle and fitting:

16602078135_ac4cd380e6_z.jpgIMG_3661 by Lauren Blighton, on Flickr

I have this also, managed to get it for £64 each from Maplin after hard bargaining, as we bought two for two 86's at the same time and it was already on offer! ;) 

Only thing i would advise is to throughly clear out the lance after use, just run water through it with no solution. This is because they seem to get clogged up somehow, and you have to disassemble them in order to clean them out or leave in products like cilit bang etc, which of course wastes time!