Captain Duff

Wheeler Dealers

Does anyone else like this show? I know its been running for a decade or so now, but I still find it fascinating - less so from the Mike Brewer 'dealer' side of it (not least because with labour added they'd never make a penny), but the way you're shown how things work and how they can be fixed/replaced in a very easy to understand but non-patronising way by Edd China. Personally I think it should be shown in schools to encourage more kids into engineering/mechanic directions as it shows how skilled interesting and intelligent the work can be when done properly!

Completely agree, great show on Edd's side, really wish they would cut Mark's stuff down and extend some of Edd's and some of the more interesting cars often hard some of the jobs cut short which I would have like to see in more detail. Thought it's not necessary something I'd want to show kids as like you Mr Duffy, they get paid bugger all for all the effort and labour which would put me off ever thinking about restoring vehicles for profit

I actually managed to download them all a while back and was watching one almost one every lunch time SPOILER ALERT for those who haven't seen the last series, anyone else thought how retarded the kids was for selling his RX7 and then buying it back again?

I think the point of the show is to demonstrate that your labour is essentially 'free' as in if you were buying cars, doing them up a bit and moving them on this is how it would work for your average home mechanic, facilities notwithstanding of course.

Another fan here, really enjoy just watching the range of issues that they deal with, I'm sure they carefully choose what to go into detail on to ensure variety rather than showing the same thing every time

Watched one the other day where they were doing up an old Lexus LS400 and they replaced the headlight bulbs with HID's and they had had to stick a load of weasel words over the video stating that it's no longer allowed, Doh !

I have a few linked up on my YouTube playlists here, https://www.youtube.com/user/keelerad/playlists, I'll probably get around to linking more some time (problem is they often get removed)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Wheeler_Dealers_episodes lists all the episodes

Alec