Bonnet lifts

Hi all, Happy Friday!!!

I want to fit hydraulic bonnet lifts to my '86 and have seen many kits around at tuners and on Fleabay. I noticed Smudge fitted them to his car and they lifted the bonnet very high. Iwould like to avoid this if possible.

Is there a kit that lifts the bonnet to its normal raised position please?

Thanks for the advice.

Do the Fensport ones lift the hood higher than standard? I am only concerned about this as I dont want to risk smashing the front of the hood into the opened garage door when reversed into the garage.

I'm not sure I get these. No, scrub that, I am sure I don't get these. What is the big problem with using a bonnet stay? It's simple, lightweight, unlikely to ever break or fail and it works a treat. Or am I missing something?!

I'm not sure I get these. No, scrub that, I am sure I don't get these. What is the big problem with using a bonnet stay? It's simple, lightweight, unlikely to ever break or fail and it works a treat. Or am I missing something?!

Bonnet is too light, if it catches wind it can slam shut.

Bonnet stay gets in the way when bending over the engine bay, also the bonnet can blow off the stay in the wind.

Is this the most times one quote has been used??

I want them because the bopnnet stay gets in the way, and I'm not too sure about its fit into the bonnet? It feels quite insecure to me? It also needs to be relocated and bent on some FI applications.